The Invoking (Sader Ridge)

Discussion in 'General' started by fattyjoe37, Jun 7, 2012.

1. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2435514/externalreviews

Our first reviews have started to come in after our world premiere last weekend at the Sun Valley Film Festival. Seeing Rue Morgue call the film "creepy as hell" made my year. Can't wait for it to show up in more cities.

2. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Read the reviews, sounds very interesting. Will this be getting a DVD or Bluray release?

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Awesome Dood - looking forward to checking it out!

4. fattyjoe37

We're talking with some distribution companies now, so you could see the film on disc or streaming before the end of the year. For the time being though, we still have film festivals we're waiting to hear back from and we'll be playing in Phoenix, AZ on Friday and Louisville, KY in July.

5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Cool, sounds good!

6. fattyjoe37

Sader Ridge was recently accepted into the Seattle True Independent Film Festival. It will be playing at the Grand Illusion Cinema (my favorite theater in the city) along with "A Certain Kind of Monster" on Tuesday, May 7th at 6 PM. Tickets are available below:

http://saderridge.eventbrite.com/

7. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

8. fattyjoe37

http://www.fearnet.com/blogs/surviving-cinema/three-must-see-indies

Our screening in Seattle just sold out 2 weeks before we screen and in the article above, FEARnet says "Sader Ridge is a genuine miracle". Really excited about the response this microbudget, character-driven horror film has been getting. I hope to have more festival screenings to announce soon so more people can see it. And dave13, we have submitted to fests in Toronto so hopefully you'll get the chance to see it this year.

9. fattyjoe37

http://crypticonseattle.com/

Following our successful sold out screening at the Seattle True Independent Film Festival, Sader Ridge will be playing again in Seattle at the Crypticon horror convention. The film will be playing in a double feature with Motivational Growth, a hilarious and bizarre film that features Jeffrey Combs as the voice of some mold that gives a suicidal man life advice. Growth has won 6 awards from film festivals from Paris to Boston. The double feature will start at 10 PM on Saturday, May 25th. The convention goes all weekend and features appearances by Diane Franklin, Joe Bob Briggs, Elvira, Tom Savini, Fred Williamson, Adrienne King, John Carl Buechler and Amy Steel.

10. fattyjoe37

http://trueindependent.org/stiff/blog/

Soon after I posted about the double feature of Motivational Growth & Sader Ridge at Crypticon, both films won awards at the Seattle True Independent Film Festival 2013 Awards Ceremony. Growth walked away with Best Narrative Feature while Ridge won the Audience Award. Things are picking up for both films, so if you're in the Seattle area stop by and take a look at Crypticon, the Northwest's premiere horror convention.

11. fattyjoe37

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2435514/externalreviews

There have been some awesome reviews coming in for Sader Ridge over the last month. At our IMDB external reviews page above, you can read the full reviews where these quotes are taken from:

"Thus far, the horror film of the year"
    -Horror Punks

"5 stars"
    -Video Views

We still have a lot of festivals to hear back from, but we now know of what time we'll be playing at the Fright Night Film Fest in Louisville, KY. You can see the film at 3:20 PM in the Laffoon room on Saturday, July 27th. Until we have more screenings to announce, you can pass the time reading some interviews with the creative team behind the film:

Director Jeremy Berg gives an in-depth interview over at Search My Trash

I talk with my old film school about the making of the film

12. fattyjoe37

There have been a lot of cool things happening with Sader Ridge over the last week. On Friday we got 3 stars from Fangoria.com in a great review that called the film "A slow, scary, ambiguous descent into the darkest part of the human psyche and one assembled by filmmakers who remember that what you don’t see almost always trumps what you do." You can check out the full review here

Over the weekend the film had its Indiana Premiere at the Dark Carnival Film Festival. While there it won awards for Best Actor (D'Angelo Midili), Best Cinematography (Jeremy Berg), and Best Music (Trip Like Animals).

Then today the news was revealed via Dread Central that the film has been picked up for worldwide distribution by Ruthless Pictures and retitled The Invoking. You can read the article here. I'm not sure if the title of this thread can be changed, but from here on out the movie will play in festivals and eventually on DVD as The Invoking. There isn't any definitive home video news to announce yet, but the production team and Ruthless are working hard on making sure the film gets out to as many people as possible all over the world. Keep up on the latest news at the film's soon-to-be retitled Facebook page.

13. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Congrats, that's great news!

Was the name change their suggestion or something you guys decided upon?

14. fattyjoe37

Thanks. The name change was decided upon by both the film's production team and Ruthless Pictures. Ruthless has a long history with many home video distribution companies and more than a few of those companies said "we'd love to release it if it had a different title". These companies have tons of data that show what kinds of titles, posters, trailers, etc. get a movie to sell well when it's on the shelf and streaming. So changing the title will allow us to make deals that will put the movie out on many store shelves and stream it all over. More news on the home video specifics will be coming soon. Until then we are still playing at festivals, including the Tacoma Film Festival in Tacoma, WA in early October.

15. fattyjoe37

The Invoking will be playing tonight as part of the Shockerfest International Film Festival, which has been happening since October 15th and will end on Halloween. The festival airs every night at 7 PM PDT on the Internet TV Station CVML-TV and is simulcast on www.shockerfest.net

The link below is where you will be able to watch The Invoking when it streams as part of the festival. The showings will happen at around 8:10 PM PDT tonight (October 24th) and Tuesday the 29th. For right now you can view the entire festival schedule via the link below as well as see what programming usually plays on internet TV, which mainly consists of endless photography commercials and public access talk shows.

http://www.shockerfest.net/watchschedule.html

There's also a tab at the top of the page where you can vote for the films you want to win the audience award. We don't have a firm date yet for our home video release, so this is the perfect way to see the film if you haven't gotten the chance yet.

For the posters from across the pond, we also recently learned that the film will have its UK debut as part of the Horror-on-Sea Film Festival. There are no exact showtimes yet, but the festival happens from January 17th-19th.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  16. fattyjoe37

17. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Awesome - glad to see the positive response you are getting back on this

18. jstell

jstell Member

It wouldn't surprise me to learn the name change was to make it sound like The Conjuring.

I saw JKM's review today too as I am also a fan of his. (I just got his Horror Film FAQs book.) I'll be blind buying this as this sounds like my kind of movie. Looking forward to seeing it - would love to be able to watch it on a winter Saturday night early next year.

19. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Congrats man, glad to hear nothing but positive word of mouth for your film!

20. fattyjoe37

http://www.fangoria.com/new/writerproducer-talks-the-invoking-release-full-dvdetails/

The article above went up on Fangoria.com earlier today. It details all of the specs for the upcoming DVD release of The Invoking. There's also a quote from me in there where I talk about how excited I am that the movie is coming out through Image Entertainment (which is true, I remember their Precinct 13 DVD being one of my first purchases on the format). Give it a read and take a look at the cover art for the film.

The Invoking will be released on DVD & VOD on 2/18/2014. It's listed on Amazon, so if you click on the Amazon ad at the top of this page and pre-order, a percentage of the purchase will go towards supporting this site. The current price is pretty high, but it has been lower and I'm sure will fluctuate more before the release date. I'm excited for the film to get out there and hear all of your thoughts.