the island of lost souls

Discussion in 'Classic' started by marioscido, Jun 19, 2003.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Tweet from Eureka's Masters of Cinema:
    If I can screen this on Blu-ray for Halloween I'll be thrilled.

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

More info trickles down:
    http://monsterkidclassichorrorforum...-in-Most-Need-of-a-DVD-Release-or-Restoration

I think he means The Thing That Couldn't Die (1958).

Very cool news but I believe we missed the window for Criterion to make it for Halloween. Not a big deal though. (Also Criterion has dropped a hint that a Salo Blu-ray is in the works. Hopefully it'll be a remastering, as the current HD transfer is a DNR nightmare.) With TCM we may not know until a few weeks before the release, or hell maybe even a few weeks after the release, but October is still a possibility.

Now with the Creature 3D we will hopefully get It Came from Outer Space and Revenge of the Creature shortly after in 3D as well. At first I was thinking Blu-ray 3D releases but with him saying it'll be a TCM release I doubt that now. But to release only in anaglyph seems backwards.

3. jstell

jstell Member

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

5. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

if titles like creature from the black lagoon start receiving blu ray 3d releases, it will definitely be the most convincing argument i've heard to pick up a 3d tv. an anaglyph release would be very disappointing (although i'd still pick it up - watching friday the 13th part III with blu and red glasses was still a thrill)

6. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

From DVD Drive-In:

"The Criterion Collection has just announced on its website that it release the 1932 horror classic ISLAND OF LOST SOULS. Directed by Erle C. Kenton and starring Charles Laughton and Bela Lugosi, the film has been one of the most long-awaited cult gems to make it to the digital format, and Criterion is releasing it to both DVD and blu-ray on October 25. It will contain a new high-definition digital restoration of the uncut theatrical version (with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition) and extras include an audio commentary by film historian Gregory Mank, new video conversations with John Landis, Rick Baker, Bob Burns, David J Skal, Richard Stanley and others, as well as the original theatrical trailer and a booklet featuring a new essay by critic Christine Smallwood."

7. Apollon

Apollon New Member

Island of Lost Souls

Master of cinema will release "Island of Lost Souls" as well, one day before Criterion. Its availanle for pre-order on amazon.co.uk
    But no mention of a blu-ray from Moc yet, so seems Criterion is definetely the one to get.

8. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Amazon's pre-order price for The Island Of Lost Souls Blu-ray is down to $24.99.