The Killer: Criterion Collection authenticity query

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by millhouse, Nov 18, 2002.

1. millhouse

millhouse Guest

I have come across the chance to get a couple of copies of The Killer: Criterion Collection and am slightly skeptical of their legitimacy.

Could someone who owns the disc please reply (or email me: filmmker@iinet.net.au ) with the details from the underside of the disc, around the hole, such as manufacturing details, etc.

2. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

I don't own the Killer : Criterion, but I do know that there are Criterion Bootlegs out there. I bought Seven Samurai : Criterion, and the commentary wasn't on the disc. And it looked cheaply made. (the cover art on the disc) I got my Money Back tho.

Nick

3. Azathoth

Azathoth Member

Within the past day or so I've seen several online bootleg sellers add the Criterion "The Killer" to their lists.

4. ronweston

ronweston Guest

On my copy of the DVD the reverse side has:

KILLERCC1515DVD (D0471). Across the hole in really tiny print is: IFPI L127 (I think). Also around the hole (on the outer edge of the blank space) is a series of barcode-like marks.

I have no idea if the markings are the same on all discs or if there are variations.

Hope this helps.