The Last Horror Film (1982, Spinell) coming to dvd 5/19/09

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by gore, Apr 8, 2009.

1. gore

gore Guest

2. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

3. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

This was released as 'Fanatic' in 2002, but I don't think it was as extra-packed as this one will be.

4. Yeah, Troma release it cut as that. I got it, and I safely say it look's like a VHS tape-to-DVD rip. All they did was was probably take off the old wonderfully oddly spooky "Media Home Entertainment" coming out of the heroizon of space logo.

I can't wait to see the film remastered, as I love Caroline Munro and the film is a super silly & trashy little fun filled one, and Spinell as the Maniac I'll always remember (hell I own two DVD copies of the film). I heard about this one a few weeks ago on over at Fango's site. So yeah, I'll be ordering it soon. Don't care that they got Luke Walters his "assistant" whom was also in the Spinell documentary we all know & love from the Manaic DVDs and the Maniac commentary track. He was mostly just his drinking & traveling buddy, to be quite honest. Though for what it is, maybe she he went to Cannes to film it with him, he'll have some fine stories to tell.

5. foller

foller Active Member

The uncut German DVD by Astro "Fanatic" was based on the Troma release and took the missing scenes from a French video tape (ripping out of a heart, chainsaw kill, etc.). Sadly the quality of the inserted scenes was very bad. There was also a weird Spinell dream sequence. I hope these scenes will see the light of day in qood quality with the English audio track.

6. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

Caroline Munro will be at the upcoming Cinema Wasteland in October. Maybe she can do a live commentary over it just like they did with F13th pt. 5.

7. So the up-coming Deluxe Edition of Friday Part V is gonna have a 'live' commentary track? Much like Planet Terror and of course the 2-disc Pieces? Whoa, alright! :D I've enjoyed listening to those, as I find'em a fun, novelty commentary track idea.

8. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I have the Fanatic Troma release. Someone will have to post a review of the new disc so I'll know if I have to double dip or not.

9. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I have the Fanatic DVD, but will definitely be upgrading to this new release. Great movie.

10. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Been wanting to see this for a long time, great news.

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Wait... is it Troma who are re-issuing it, or another studio?

12. Body Boy

It's Troma, however, through Ryko (who helped in the Synapse, Severin, BlueUnderground, etc..) so it has to be somewhat quality with these other guys in the mix.

13. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

Yay! I don't have this one :D

14. Sweet to hear. Cause it'll be a Ryko co-release, then it'll be of a great quality print. :D And to HAEMORRHAGE:

Dude I would get it automatically myself like me and MorallySound are gonna do, as I don't know if you've look at your Fanatic DVD as of late, but it is absolute super shit VHS tape rip quality. And I hate the sound (VERY heavy bass) whenever one of the pop-rock songs starts up on the soundtrack.

I so hope this one will have a fine re-mix for us home theatre system owners. I'm crossing my fingers.

15. Body Boy

DVDDrive-in has a review of this up...fullscreen. :( Damn!!! But whatever. It's uncut afterall. :)

16. Fullscreen, huh? FUCK! And I loved the Widescreen clips in The Joe Spinell Story (Maniac special edition special feature) documentary from Dick Gregory. :( *sighs* Ah well, at least it'll be a cleaned up print and uncut. Should look quite good in my up-converter theatre system.

17. festivusboi

festivusboi Guest

Can someone please explain what the differance is between wildscreen and fullscreen?Does it mean stuffs cut off from the screen?

18. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

It means fat people look ever fatter.

19. mmyersisgod

mmyersisgod New Member

I have it preordered.