The Last Slumber Party/Terror at Tenkiller dvd

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Funktion, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Funktion

Funktion Member

Has anyone in here bought any of the "Scream Theatre Double Feature" dvds from VCI?
    How are they, especially volume 2, which features The Last Slumber Party & Terror at Tenkiller?
    Volume 1 features Sisters of Death & Scream Bloody Murder.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I bought both of them and received them in the mail recently. Not a bad deal at all for under $5 each.

They actually don't say VCI anywhere on the package which was surprising...they say Cinema Pops and Blair & Associates.

Anyways, the quality is actually rather good considering these are budget releases. Both DVD's even have animated menus (shocking!) and motion chapter selections (even more shocking!).

The Last Slumber Party looks about like it did on VHS, probably because it was originally shot on video. The audio is perhaps a bit clearer than the old VHS however.Terror At Tenkiller is an older film and shows some age, especially the colors are faded...but it's still pretty decent.

Sisters Of Death looks MUCH BETTER than the old VHS and Brentwood DVD releases. It probably looks the best of the four movies in either set. I especially think it's an underrated gem of a movie. Scream Bloody Murder is also an older movie, and it shows some age and color fading like Terror At Tenkiller on the previous DVD.

3. zombiexfan

zombiexfan Guest

yeah i bought it vol 1 , 2 on ebay and waiting for it to come

4. zombiexfan

zombiexfan Guest

hey i never got it from ebay , would you guys like to sell it? well here is my e mail, let me know name the price? leatherface0013@aol.com

5. Katatonia

You could also order it from an online retailer, both the DVD double features only retail for about $6.99 each. I bought mine for about $4.19 each when they were on sale.

6. Watching paint dry is more fun than watching these 2 films. Trust me. I love terrible 80's slashers...but yikes, these are just the WORST ever. I'm still going to keep this DVD though...yep, I'm pathetic.

7. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Haven't seen em but I know The Last Slumber Party as the former #1 worst horror movie as voted by the people of IMDb. Right now its actually at #4 on the worst horror movie list, haha.

8. zombiexfan

zombiexfan Guest

hey kata where is that site @ where i can buy it?

9. Katatonia

They were on sale at CD Universe the release week and went off shortly after. I think they're around $6 each now...but it's still a great deal, from anywhere.

10. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

I just finished watching these 4 movies and I gotta tell ya they were worth the 8.99 I paid for them.Last Slumber Party was so bad it was hilarious!I used to have Terror at Tenkiller on video and I always kind of liked it.Scream Bloody Murder was quite a twisted movie.:evil:

11. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I am very grateful for both of these Scream Theater discs. I hope they put out more. And it is such a relief to have the oh so bad but oh so good "The Last Slumber Party" on DVD. That movie cracks me up with its extreme suckitude.

12. Big Bobby D

Big Bobby D Guest

I finally saw these dvds yesterday for $6.99 each. I almost bought the one with The Last Slumber Party/Terror At Tenkiller.
    Is Tenkiller any good? I know Last Slumber Party ain't!

13. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

I gladly paid $6.50 for the DVD of this deadly combination and it was worth every cent.

The Last Slumber Party lives up to it's reputation as one of the worst horror movies ever made. With that said, it's not completely unwatchable. It does have one of the ugliest casts ever to hit the screen.

The Terror At Tenkiller is slightly better and kept my attention for the most part. Ah, you got to love regional horror. If I remember correct, both films were made in Oklahoma.

I would love to see more of these really bad movies put into DVD. I'm a glutton for this kind of punishment.

14. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

scream bloody murder is good

15. Katatonia

And that lead chick was cute! :evil:

16. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

you know VCI keeps sending that shitty mag advertising the cowboy films they stock, however they do have the movie Gargoyles pretty cheap in there.

17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Did anyone here watch the terrific NetFlix original Shirkers? Excellent documentary about filmmaking, specifically about the making of a lost movie and the mystery of what happened to it. It's better than the Orson Welles one!

I was really surprised that it somewhat ties into The Last Slumber Party! It's discussed towards the end. The director is one of the interviewees, and the DP is one of the subjects of the entire documentary.

Check it out! Now streaming on NetFlix.

MorallySound and Katatonia like this.
  18. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I watched Shirkers a few weeks ago, it's one of my favourite films and docs from 2018. When Stephen Tyler/The Last Slumber Party came up I actually shouted "WHAT!?" at my TV.

CPT HOOK likes this.