The Lost Boys 2 : The Tribe starring...

Discussion in 'General' started by moogong, Aug 17, 2007.

1. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

2. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

This thread suddenly gave me a bad case of diarrhea. (grins)

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i did like corey feldman's performance and the gore effects

4. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Oh man! I loved that scene!! :lol:

5. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

For those who cut their teeth on the original, this sequel will surely give them the impression it lacks bite. But, some good stuff is to be had here, mainly old Tommy Jarvis :lol:
    I am really glad that this wasn't a sci-fi original, plus it blows away the April Fools Day remake.

Works best as a stand alone movie, not a sequel !

6. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Were you guys expecting more from a DVD sequel? ;) It's ok, definitely a rental. I kinda liked the mid-credits ending over the alternate ones. I would've rather seen the Lost Girls instead.

7. onebyone

onebyone Guest

As a sequel to The Lost Boys, it was a FAIL.

For a DTV vampire movie, it was alright and I did get a real kick out of Feldman.

I was a bit distracted by having Kiefer Sutherland's brother in the role though. He looked enough like Kiefer to make me think of him, but that was about all he added to the role. Several times I was watching the movie and thought to myself, "If that was Kiefer right there, that would've been hot." Not good to have me spending my time thinking about someone who is NOT in your movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  8. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Hated it. The alternate endings on the DVD were better than the entire movie. And they weren't even that good and made no sense. Let the Lost Boys die.

9. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Yeah what was with the alternate endings, they were sh!tty too. Maybe doing the story of Alan becoming a vampire would've been more interesting than the sh!te we got.

10. SEANVALEN

SEANVALEN Active Member

Big fan of the original Lost Boys, I'll check this out, curious about seeing Fieldmen and Kiefer's brother.

11. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

For a direct to video movie I thought this was so-so- for a sequal to a movie I loved when I was 13 it was awful. The only saving grace was that hot ass chick vampire at the beginning getting naked <: And Kiefers brother is what really ruined it for me- he tried to be creepy and cool and succeeded at neither- awful actor. I liked the alternate endings better than the one they used just simply because I thought that could lead to a more interesting story if they did actually do a part 3. Anyways on the positive side I did find it watchable and I actually expected something a bit worse but on the negative side it really is a wasted effort with annoying vampires and bad acting.

12. Jamm

Jamm J'aime les cadavres

Funny, I thought he looked nothing like Kiefer! In fact, I never thought Keifer was hot. But if Angus wanted me to, I'd lick the sweat out of the crack of his ass! Maybe I'm just turning into an old perv tho.

Still, I'll agree that he adds nothing to the role other than looking good. His acting is horrible. He comes across as flat as Natalie Portman in Star Wars.

We're still watching the movie though. About half done, I think/hope.

13. onebyone

onebyone Guest

:lol:

That's horrordvds for you. No matter what you do, you end up somehow being associated with someone licking something out of someone's ass.

It was in the really close shots where his face and voice reminded me of Kiefer the "meh, stake him already" version. I think that was a large part of what this movie missed out on completely, that The Lost Boys should be cool and at least make you think that maybe being undead isn't half bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
  14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I went into the movie not exactly having high expectations as a sequel, but more as a DTV flick to itself. It was better than I initially thought it would be actually, and I enjoyed it for the most part. I also liked the surfing edge...corny yes, but "surfer vampires" oi! And Feldman made it watchable, even though he only had a small part. Haim sadly isn't even worth mentioning to be honest.

15. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Not anywhere near as bad as I heard it was. I rather enjoyed it. Nowhere near the original, but entertaining. Corey was the worst part, but was needed for the association with the 1st film. I only paid $2.50 for it, so it was worth it!