The Mist (Television Series)

Discussion in 'General' started by Workshed, May 9, 2017.

1. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Some surprising GORE in here!

Begins June 22, 2017, via Spike.

Steel76 likes this.
  2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Damn, this does look good. I'm not a massive fan of the movie, mainly due to the super downer of an ending (not sure how the book ends though).

Workshed likes this.
  3. Workshed

In the short story,
    David survives, driving toward a destination after hearing a single word on a static-filled radio broadcast: Hartford.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  4. Zombie Dude

Yeah I definitely would have preferred that. I feel like the show will go that route too.

5. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I thought the movie was great. I can't wait for the show. I love those small town mystery type horror stories.

6. Workshed

New trailer:

Zombie Dude and baggio like this.
  7. Zombie Dude

This is looking really good. Can't wait to check it out. I'm liking what I've seen so far.

Workshed likes this.
  8. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I enjoy the film quite a bit, and I really dug the ending. This does look very interesting. I think the subject matter could certainly lend itself to a few seasons.

9. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I liked the movie but I hated the ending - and NOT because it was downbeat...it was HILARIOUS. It was a sucks-to-be-you moment that felt out of place for such a bland leading character who had no personality arc. Of course, it didn't help the people I watched it with were heckling the timing of the characters actions. I would have reserved an ending like that for Mrs. Carmody who was much more interesting than the standard, blank heroic dad role (insert ANY actor here. I felt they under-used a terrific actor).
    I see the murky green color correction is fully intact. I read the NY Post review and they loved it.
    However, I love movies about killer bugs from other dimensions!

10. sade

sade Member

I was under the impression that ppl were sick of your typical Hollywood happy endings. Come on, this ain't a romcom ;)

11. Zombie Dude

I usually quite enjoy a happy ending. I don't mind it being ominous or sad with a glimmer of hope etc but I usually pass on downright depressing. I have to face enough of that in real life. The Mist isn't a bad film but it's not one I care to own or watch again for that reason.

12. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Premieres tonight. I'll have to remember to set the DVR when I get home.

Workshed likes this.
  13. CPT HOOK

I'm well over halfway through the pilot. All that has happened is a girl got date raped by a jock at a party, and her parents are pressing charges. Oh, and the jock's dad happens to be the sheriff. I think I recorded Degrassi by mistake?

14. Zombie Dude

Haha, damn that doesn't sound like a good start then. I thought this show would move quicker than it's sounding.

15. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Soap opera antics. I wonder how many writers or producers came up with that original idea

16. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Ugh...

The first 3 episodes have leaked on the internet.

Just watched them, and I'm not gonna bother with the rest.

It's just another shitty show, where the horror is in the background, and the focus is on a bunch of idiots and assholes, fighting among each other.
    Same shit as in The Walking Dead etc. but with even more unlikable characters.

Why is it so fucking hard, to make a show, where a bunch of LIKABLE characters, band together to fight the horrors, instead of all the soap opera crap?
    If you actually cared about them, you would feel sorry for them when they die. But now, you just want them all to die, so the show can be over with.

And damn, do the mist itself look like shit. I've seen more "realistic" mist/fog filters in old movies from the 40:s.

I'm so sick and tired of all these crappy "horror" shows.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  17. Zombie Dude

Looks like I'm crossing this of my list of things I need to check out. Shame to hear as the trailers made it look like it had some good potential.

18. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I watched the first episode and it wasn't that good. It felt like something that would turn up on LMN as a full movie with the stuff going on with the kids. I'm all for current topics but it feels kind of forced here. A guy wearing makeup gets picked on and girl goes to the athlete party and something happens.

I feel that this subject matter deserves a more serious discussion or at least a more serious setup. Not a horror show where disaster is about to happen. At least I assume most should know just because a kid is of a different persuasion that he shouldn't be picked on. And that many girls that go to athlete parties go to "hook up." Others go to see the popular guys and at times bad things happen.

I'm going to watch the second episode tonight. I might watch the third tomorrow if the second episode is good. So far the only thing I like is the town setting. The actress that plays the Mom is ok. But that's only because she's pretty and I recall seeing her in modelling magazines some years ago. Her character in the show could potentially be one of those crazy ones though since she has a secret that I guess everyone knows. So I don't know what kind of secret that is.

Workshed and Zombie Dude like this.
  19. CPT HOOK

I thought the "secret" that everyone in the town seems to shun her for is that she taught sex ed to her students and the town's conservative parents found out.

Although I thought they might be implying that she lost a child, given how overprotective she is.

20. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I'm in agreement that the first episode was not good. The trailers (which they are supposed to) had me pretty hyped and I had high hopes since I enjoy the film quite a bit. I'll check out the next 2 leaked episodes, but yeah, this is a big "meh".