The Mist (Television Series)

Discussion in 'General' started by Workshed, May 9, 2017.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I thought from the conversation with her daughter that she was a really bad go around type girl. But that there was potentially more to it since the conversation stopped in the car.

I watched the second episode but not the third. For some reason the third episode is only listed in standard definition for me. I guess they'll have it up soon. But I think this show is going to be bad. I found the events in the mall laughable. A few people on another forum remarked that this show is speeding to Under the Dome levels of bad. One of the best mysteries of the movie was how the Mist started. But I doubt this show will explore that mystery. Or even go to the mountain.

I still haven't read the book or watched the black and white version of The Mist. But I think I'm going to stop watching this most likely after episode 3 or 4. I don't see this getting better.

2. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I read the short story, and the movie was pretty faithful, even though they made some changes and additions.
    I doubt the makers of this show, even bothered to read the source material.

Also, the mall is way too big. There is nothing claustrophobic about it.

If monsters took over the world, I doubt I would even bother with the small town drama, and instead focus on the bigger problem, like the fucking MONSTERS!

The show will probably play out like this. Everyone is going to end up in the mall, a monster might pop up from time to time, then at the end of the season, they will escape, and find a new location. Like a prison, or an abandoned base....and it will turn into another Walking Dead show, which will drag on for 8 seasons...

Zombie Dude likes this.
  3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I've watched the first 5 episodes and it's not getting better. At this point, will probably see the season through, but will have to be really wowed to continue for season two.

As Steel76 mentioned, they're trying to be Walking Dead. Instead, it's like a bad daytime soap.

ImmortalSlasher and Zombie Dude like this.
  4. ImmortalSlasher

Post what happens at the end of the season. I watched episode 5 and I'm not going to watch this slow soap opera anymore. The Mother's "secret" is pretty much what I thought since she was the bad type girl. And they keep adding more character drama which doesn't interest me at all.

The best thing about the show is the town setting. But we won't get much of that with the mist everywhere. I did like the shot with the Mother / Wife looking at the mountain in episode 5. But other than that I couldn't wait for it to be over. The quality of the TV show compared to the movie is pretty shocking.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  5. Dave

Dave Pimp

This was terrible. I finished ep 9 and at this point obviously I will finish off the season. No interest in a season 2 if it gets renewed.

There are times a TV show can compliment a movie nicely (Fargo S1). Then there are times like this. It's a simple concept and the book itself is fairly short (I think originally part of a collection). It did not need to be a TV show.

Steel76 and Zombie Dude like this.
  6. Steel76

It doesn't help that every character, is either a psycho, or an asshole.
    Who are we meant to root for here?

7. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

The Mist. :p

Myron Breck, Steel76 and Zombie Dude like this.
  8. CPT HOOK

I haven't watched the finale yet either, but after nine episodes I will probably force myself to. It is terrible. I'm still confused as to the reveal of the rapist. In fact, the entire depiction of that character is extremely offensive and un-PC.

I wonder how King feels about the series?

m@ggot likes this.
  9. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

YES!...quite frankly, I'm surprised that this isn't getting the same backlash that "Basic Instinct" got way back in the day...considering it's a bit more deserving...

10. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Wait, "un-pc"?... Personally I hate political correctness and think it's ruining the world.

hots4, Steel76 and Natas like this.
  11. Steel76

I agree.
    People these days are becoming so easily offended by anything, thanks to this shit.

[​IMG]

Natas and Zombie Dude like this.
  12. CPT HOOK

Have either of you seen the show though?

SPOILERS if you haven't seen it, but the girl's rapist turns out to be her gay best friend (male, by the way). He's also a murderer. The motive: Gay people are psychopaths is about as close as we get to an explanation.

It's not that they went there, it's that they didn't even put an ounce of thought behind it. Didn't intend to be the PC police, was just making a valid criticism of the show, as we do on discussion forums.

This has to be one of the most poorly written shows on television.

13. Steel76

Yep, I forced myself through the show too see how it all ended, and it actually improved during the last 20 minutes, where it actually felt like the source again.
    But then they slapped us in the face again, by giving us a cliffhanger.

Well, there were plenty of other characters in the show, who where psychos, who murdered each other.
    Priests, old ladies, school teachers, etc. all batshit insane.
    It didn't matter if they were gay or not.

He was the guy we were supposed to feel sorry for (which I did for a while), and least expect to be a badguy.
    I can agree on the show being poorly written.

14. ImmortalSlasher

I watched bits and pieces just to see how it ended. There were some really bad character types going on in this show.

I thought it might be the gay kid who raped the daughter. But the scene in the 1st episode made me doubt it since they were cuddled up together. I missed the part where she got a drug that made her forget. But anyway, it's the bad gay guy and bad black guy character types.

Overall, it's terrible and the person who wrote that tag saying this is better than the movie should be ashamed. I would be shocked if this gets another season. None of these characters are worth watching. What happened with the other black guy should have been revealed mid or late in the season not on the last episode. But of course they want to continue making this garbage.

15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the show but with it now being on Netflix I'll at least skim through it at some point. Everyone's negative reactions to it don't have me too eager though.

16. ImmortalSlasher

This show was cancelled. Thankfully. I don't see how from the outline the producers didn't know the show would be bad. If I read half of what they planned, I would have said no go on this show.

Steel76 likes this.