The Monster Squad OFFICIAL dvd: "It's Coming"

Discussion in 'General' started by Demon, Jan 12, 2007.

1. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

Excitingggggg!

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

*Mental note* - July 24th....check.

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Passable is one word, craptacular comes to mind as well.

I'll just whip up a custom front (assuming the spine and back aren't craptacular as well). Looks like the HD version is about to retire, now let's hope Night Of The Creeps gets the same treatment soon.

4. Yeah, that was me trying to be nice. :D Why are these companies so ashamed of a movie's original artwork? Will it really scare away new customers?

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2007
  5. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah, horrible cover! But I'm just happy it's finally being released, as a 2 disc set none the less! Too bad they didn't use the original cover though, it was pretty sweet!

6. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I always love the original cover as a kid. This new cover looks like another DTV Blockbuster movie. :bs:

7. Administrator

Administrator Administrator Staff Member

FOR SHAME!

[​IMG]

8. Spacevis

Spacevis Well-Known Member

Why would they do that?? You think there some sort of special copyright on those covers? I mean, suppose there are big fans out there who don't go searching the internet every day for this movie, or who don't check these kinds of sites on a regular basis. They'd notice the DVD with the original cover straight away when browsing a regular store. But with a dumb cover like this, they will probably never even notice. The original cover art practically sold itself, what gives??

9. BrianR1982

BrianR1982 New Member

Right on, Spacevis. The cover art has to be about the easiest part of making a DVD. Why do so many companies fuck it up? If their goal is to make great films appear to be generic, direct to video shit, then they certainly have succeeded. Sure, one can buy a good printer and print your own covers, but that shouldn't be necessary. I'm very happy about "The Monster Squad" finally coming to DVD, but get the damn cover right.

10. DEADCHRIST

DEADCHRIST Guest

:p

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  11. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Exactly! I would never have noticed this on the shelf. Just WHO are they trying to appeal to?:confused: :confused:

12. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Man... just thinking here... Night of the Creeps cover... the one poster art with the rotted hand coming through the window... wouldn't it be cool if it was like the Day of the Dead 2 discer???... it opens where the hand is pulling the doorknob etc... sort of a fold out thing... *sigh* can only wish...

13. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

that would be awesome but in all likely hood won't happen i do have a feeling that night of the creeps and the burning are both coming soon on dvd with the recent announcement that the burning director tony maylam is doing extras for the dvd

14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I don't think the cover looks all that bad. Let's put it another way, it could have been much worse!

And for those people patiently waiting on Night of the Creeps, there's a widescreen HD2DVD torrent going around that looks fantastic.

15. bigdaddyhorse

Same with Monster Squad. I like all 4 Night Of The Creeps covers/posters I've seen but this one is the coolest IMO. I'll just post it well in advance of any possible dvd getting a crap cover.

[​IMG]

16. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

What the fuck? Why? Why, God? Why have you forsaken The Monster Squad DVD cover art?

As if any more people are going to buy an 80s Horror movie because the cover art changed. Why not leave it alone and make the die-hard fans happy?

17. bigdaddyhorse

Hey Dave/Admin, could you email me a hi-res scan of that laserdisc cover? All the posters and stuff I can find are either too low-res or have too many creases.

18. Dave

Dave Pimp

I will post a high res. scan as the DVD release gets closer. My LD cover is near mint. My scanner is over at my ex's place; I need to get it at some point.

Honestly I don't care about the cover art so much with DVD. I would prefer to see the original art, don't get me wrong, but it's easy enough to replace it with DVD. LD is where it's at for cover art.

Off Topic: My favorite cover art - Japanese LD for Starship Troopers. I believe it was the U.S. teaser poster. I bought the Jap. LD just for the cover. Someday it will hand on the wall of my home theater room. :banana:

Attached Files:

19. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I can make my own damn cover, I am just glad we are finally getting the DVD!