The Most Hateful Thing I've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by bruce h, Mar 1, 2003.

1. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Well now you can't go to that link without a password. looks like the tasteless shit is getting scared now:lol:

2. blaster

blaster Guest

well

Edited by Admin on behalf of Blaster.

3. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Re: well

This is a joke, right?

You might want to check for grammer and spelling mistakes BEFORE you post a reply, just a thought.

I am very disappointed with the "After The Fall Of New York" disc. I cannot believe no one caught the framing issue before discs were pressed and released. Again, the ball was dropped. I was going to make this my"Euro DVD Of The Month" but couldn't do so in good faith knowing the problems with the disc, very unfortunate. Now you are going to re-release this? Is this the normal business practice at Shriek Show? Please address these issues on future releases before these discs are pressed.

I can only hope that "A Lizard In A Woman's Skin" is done correctly the first time around. Shriek Show has definitely done some good work but more often than not, careless mistakes are being made. Mike and Kit's wonderful extras aren't nearly as impressive when Video and Audio problems arise.

Just my thoughts.

4. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Don't release it at then just fix it and release it when its the proper disc. I really am disopointed with SS right now, the whole Zombi 3 thing didn't put you in the right light and with this its just unacceptable. I have bought many of your discs and was really looking forwared to 2019. I live in Canada and don't want to have to send the dvd in the mail becuase franky i don't trust the mail system that much and i don't want to lose money for your mistake. I will wait untill the new disc is released and hopefully online retailiers will label the 2 releases becuase in Canada no stores carry SS stuff. Really too bad, you guys were just getting better and now your way back at the bottom. It is nice that you are doing the whole trade in thing but to me thats a hassle and won't really help me. Seriously just pull the release untill its correct and then release it, it would be much beter that way i think anyways. Off to cancel the pre-order.....

Sorry if i come off harsh but its late and i and pissed. No offense personally:)

5. Hey, they're admitting to and correcting their errors. I ain't mad. Once my Zombi 3 v2 shows up in the mail, all will be good in my book...

6. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

ya but how could they not notice it untill now? It is not normal business pratice to release a half assed product and then make the customers send in the product for the correct version. Its really too bad:mad:

7. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I was thinking the same thing emsjef.

8. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

With a lot of horror fans here, having companies like Barrel and Synapse take months at a time perfecting a single release, it wouldn't be hard for us (the fans) to wait a little longer for a much more finished and correct release from Shriek Show. ;) These set backs are a pain for a lot of us here and I'm glad blaster is stepping up here to take control of these errors. Hopefully things will get smoother for them later down the line. ;)

When can we expect the Version 2 releases of Zombi 3 and 2019 to hit store shelves? :evil:

9. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

To be honest, I'm not convinced AFTER THE FALL OF NEW YORK is supposed to be 2.35:1. The only ltbx copy that's turned up so far that I know of (besides the DVD) is the Swedish tape, which I think was 1.85:1, and nothing looks cropped at this ratio.

It's amazing how many people get in an uproar over a DVD they haven't even fuckin' seen. I bought mine today at Suncoast, and don't see any need for a repressing. (Unless, of course, the film is indeed available at a wider format. I doubt it, but ya' never know...)

My reason for posting a link to the diatribe is simple: it mentioned people from this site who I otherwise don’t associate with. I don’t have Dave or Paff’s email addresses in my files, and really couldn’t be bothered to find ‘em. I figured they’d see it if I posted. At the same time I mailed out a link to Tim Lucas, Don May, Eddie Samuelson, Todd Harbour and Mark Wickum letting them know it was up. Just ‘cuz my name’s mentioned in the piece doesn’t mean I’m not friends with folks on the other side of the fence, too. Hell, Don even called from a telecine studio in LA just to laugh about it. To those who are giving me a pat on the back - why? I didn’t write the damn thing. Shoot Dolph an email. I amused at how many responses and views this thread has gotten since I put it up. Just goes to show – a little venom goes a long way.

Crazferret – Your contributions to this forum (and the human race in general) are nil. Am I really supposed to feel insulted by a little boy with a retarded handle who has Michael Myers for an avatar? Funny how someone who hides behind an imbecilic screenname can call someone else a puss. Grow a pair. Keep watchin’ those David Lynch laserdiscs, and I’ll keep finding titles, researching rights, gathering materials and creating supplements for companies like Anchor Bay, Barrel, Blue Underground, Crash, Grindhouse, Image, Mondo Macabro, Program Power, Retromedia, Synapse and Sub Rosa – not to mention the magazines I assemble, the websites I write for or the two book projects I’m currently working on. What do you do again? Oh, that’s right. Sit on a messageboard and whine like a bitch. Maybe Dolph’s rant hit a little too close to home and that’s why you’re having such a hissy fit, you five-minute fanboy.

10. betterdan

betterdan Guest

11. Linn

Linn Guest

“It is not normal business practice to release a half assed product and then make the customers send in the product for the correct version.”

Funny, it seems to be for Shriek Show.

As for this ranting about the DVD before anyone on here has even seen it, wasn’t a good bit of Dolph’s piece about finding stuff out for yourselves? Sounds like good advice for everyone here from where I sit. I know it’s hard to imagine when all of us can go down to Best Buy and pick up the latest release with liner notes by (insert genre critic here), but you ever stop to think some of these guys don’t know jack?! I hate to tell you, but it happens. All you need is a name and you’ve got the keys to the kingdom. Take for instance Ric Meyers. Here’s a guy who’s been “writing” for years on kung fu films, without an ounce of knowledge on the subject! He records “commentaries,” writes liner notes, puts out books (that he writes about 30% of, etc., with no more information than a kid who’s been watching the films for about a year would have. He simply makes up release dates, names, and everything else. Now I can say this in a group of Asian film critics and writers from around the world and have everyone nod their heads in unison, but I can post this in a group full of fanboys and all of them will swear Meyers is the king of kung fu!

What does that tell you?

That anyone can be led. And if an idiot like Meyers can do it, just imagine what someone with an IQ over a five-year old could do!

Bottom-line, check and see if these guys know what they are talking about. Search out those alternate versions, go to those weird flea markets, and checkout that Chinese grocery with the videos in the back on your way home!! Half the fun with genre films is LEARNING about them for yourself. And for God’s sake reviewers, QUIT USING THE IMDB FOR INFO!!! A bigger board for idiots has yet to be invented.

12. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

They're not the only ones who fuck up often, let's put things in perspective here. And at SS are recalling thier fuck ups and fixing them, which is more than can be said for other companies out there. Look at Anchor Bay with all their cut 'uncut' releases, their shitty AOD driector's cut when film material was available, and the films with bits in foreign languages when English was available if they just made the effort to find it. Anchor Bay seem to get put on a pedastal for some reason, when they screw up just as much as SS and some others, yet rarely bother to fix thier mistakes. Why? :eek2:

Still, I'd like Shriek Show/Media Blasters to fix up BIO-ZOMBIE into a nice anamorphic transfer with better Eng Subs and the optional alternate ending.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2003
  13. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Einstein once said that Infinity and stupidity are endless. So it's not venom we are talkin' about. :cool:

14. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

I must say I totally agree with you FL.

15. K'

K' Guest

Has anybody saved the text and could send to me? I'm quite interested in what he said. mail

I recall some debates I had with Dolph (baraka on this board). His language wasn't "nice" sometimes, but I always had the feeling that he knows the stuff he's been talking about.

16. John

John Guest

Good statement.

17. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

Einstein said we'd use rocks on the other siiiiiiiidddddeeeee!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

18. EPKJ

EPKJ Guest

Media Blasters is a relatively small company. Their edge in the competitive DVD marketplace is their claim to high quality standards. It is nice that they acknowledge mistakes, but this does not absolve them of incompetence. I don't care that they are releasing replacement disks. That is the only honorable thing to do. I don't give men credit for doing what is obviously moral. What I want to know is what concrete actions are being taken by Media Blasters to prevent such incompetent releases in the future. I have seen nothing posted in this vein, and thus, I remain unimpressed with the response by Media Blasters.

19. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Guys, Blaster didn't post the message earlier. I've received an e-mail (I think the other mods will have as well), explaining that somebody else posted it and Blaster has requested that I remove it. Which I have now done.

20. So, SS's not gonna fix 2019? That's disheartening... Good thing it's not a movie I'm interested in, anyway.