The Most Hateful Thing I've Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by bruce h, Mar 1, 2003.

1. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I'll buy it anyway. Fuck it, its a great flick!

2. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

SO then who wrote it?? Is the disc going to be fixed?, is there even a problem with the disc??? Blaster please answer!!!!!!!!!

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Seriously, what the hell is going on?

4. hell ya!

so much trouble for a small little euro movie that maybe 5% of the world has seen.:(

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

6% if SS ever gets the disc right...

6. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

This is getting weird. Could someone please explain what the hell's going on here?:confused:

7. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Unless someone can come up with definite proof stating otherwise (which is highly unlikely), I believe the disc to be in the correct ratio.

8. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

I'm working on it. I do admit I could be wrong but I am quite sure it should be 2.35:1. Again though, I am working on obtaining proof that this is the case and will report back with evidence to back up this claim.

9. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

The opening credits of the film were presented at 1.85:1 on both the US and Japanese VHS releases, with the opticals coming very close to edge of the frame (unless your tv overscans, which causes elmination of a letter or two, haha). It wouldn't make sense to place the text there unless it was indeed the edge of the frame. The only ltbx tape around is the Swedish one, which, if memory serves, was also 1.85:1.

10. Dave

Dave Pimp

Not much. I brush this sort of stuff off pretty easily. Any webmaster of even a semi-popular web site is going to get hate mail. I know that even making casual statements about my family on the main news page opens the door for attacks against me and my family.

Fact: This Dolph person does not know me or my family. Anything he states about me or my family will be disregarded, without a second thought given to the matter. Now, if someone who knew me and my family were to say such things, it would no doubt upset me. But Dolph doesn't, so it effects me not.

Fact: I'm 26, not 23 or 24 (whatever he stated). And I plan on being in school for many years to come. I'll have my first degree this summer, but I will not be ending my education there. :D

Anyway, this bit has been done before and it's nothing new. Don't give it a second thought. I'm in the same boat as Paff here. When Edwin (webmaster or a site not allowed to be mentioned on this forum, due to a reviewer of his that is similar to Dolph) emailed me about this, I had no idea who this Dolph guy was. I just assumed it was someone from I had banned from the forum. But it's been a while since we've banned anyone, so I'm honestly lost as to who it was. I told Edwin the same thing: Forget about it. Brush it off and do not give it a second thought. Could we have gone after the guy for slander? Maybe, but I don't really know. I do know that I wouldn't have, regardless of what he said. On the Internet, everyone can have a soapbox if they so choose. Though one will have to deal with the consequences of what they choose to say.

Now that someone mentioned his nick on this forum - Baraka or something to that nature - I do recall the name. I don't recall the arguments, but I do recall arguing with him. I'll see if I can dig up the past threads and I'll top them for everyone to see. I'd be interested in recalling the arguments.

11. hell ya!

Please do :)

12. K'

K' Guest

Digging isn't needed, a simple search is enough.
    Some of those threads are quite interesting and I really like the one that involves super bit titels...

13. Rain Dog

Rain Dog New Member

Watched the British VHS release of 2019 last night.

Opening and closing credits are in the 1:85 ratio which looks correct.

The rest of the film is pan and scan but not the unwatchable kind you get with a 2:35 ratio film.

I'd say this was shot in 1:85. Martino has used this ratio before with Torso. Look forward to the disc.

14. blaster

blaster Guest

I agree 1.85:1

Also I agree with what Bruce wrote in describing the original post...

Also I do not know what that post was from blaster in here but man it was not me....

-blaster

15. If nothing else, this post has made me interested in checking out 2019...

Really, though. I'd like to see Baraka unbanned.

16. iguana

iguana Guest

There is also a VHS tape from Holland from the company VDS Éditions/Flying Video and it is also letterboxed at 1.85:1. Having seen this version I am certain that it isnt a 2.35:1 movie.

17. Dave

Dave Pimp

And I'd like to see a million bucks show up in my bank account, but some things just aren't happening. Know what I mean? :)

18. Well. I'm scratching "transfer one million dollars into Dave's bank account" off my To Do list.

19. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

IS there a new link to this site? I'd like to read it again.

20. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Is there?