The most Violent Anime of all time!

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by KR~!, Apr 17, 2005.

1. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

[​IMG]

Buy it, you know you want to ;)

For hardcore gore fans only!

The good: More holy shit moments of unspeakable gore that you though you would ever see ever.

The bad: Paper thin plot, the story sucks since it's there just as an excuse to show insane ammounts of extreme gore.

The catch: They only made two animes :(

The bright side: they are both here uncut! :)

Here is a review:

The two episode long Kakugo no Susume OAV series from 1996, based on the manga by Takayuki Yamaguchi, is the most viscerally violent and gruesome anime I've ever seen, and it's arguably the most grotesque anime ever made. Since first seeing it years ago, it's always reminded me of an apocalyptic and brutal parallel to Peter Jackson's comedy of profanity Meet the Feebles, right down to the depiction of a character being eaten, partially melted by digestive acids, then regurgitated while still alive, albeit alive for a short time. Kakugo no Susume revels in brutality and degradation, from energizing its powered armor suits with the blood of martyrs to the mutated sexuality of its monsters that takes the crude, animalistic aspect of sex to the extreme of sex as violence. The depiction of dismemberments and exposed intestines is a mere starting point for the atrocities illustrated in this anime. Kakugo no Susume takes its extremes to such degrees that it defies qualitative assessment. The anime has irrefutably ugly character designs; its grimy, dirty atmosphere is uncomfortable even for viewers; and the two episode series has very little character or story development. But the intense gore and shocking violence in the show is so extreme that it alone is justification enough for the show, at least to viewers interested in seeing over-the-top splatter. Basically, Kakugo no Susume isn't a story filled with gore; it's gore contained by a thin story that only exists to provide some context for the violence. The Kakugo no Susume OAV series is available in America under the name "Apocalypse Zero."

2. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

sounds fun. :) will look for this.

3. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Same here. ;) What would be the second goriest anime ever then?

4. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Ninja Scroll maybe...
    :)

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

If thats so then I'm covered cuz I own the SE of Ninja Scroll.

6. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Ninja Scroll is extremely tame compared to this.

This thing is REALLY over the top! You have to see it to belive it!

7. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Fist of the North Star, perhaps? God I love that one. This does sound cool, but I'd probably need to see some screen shots or something before purchase. Have you got any, KR~!?

I looked a bit online for pictures and came up with ALOT of negative reviews, but no screen shots. Is that your own personal review you posted or is it from somewhere?

8. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

The nagative reviews come from people who were too gross out by the gore and couldn't take it, so they hated it. They just do not get it.

That review is from somewhere else.

Most people are too scared to show screenshots at their sites :rolleyes:

EDIT:

see this is what I mean, from an Anime board, these kids are not Horror fans, and just don't get it:

"I'm used to seeing gore in anime,but they just went beyond the normal amounts.Even Fist
    Of The North Star didn't have this kind of violence!!!The only thing good was the director.Toshiki Hirano is one of my favorite
    anime directors,writers,animators,charrecter desighners,but WHY DID YOU DO THIS HIRANO SAN?!!!!Personaly,I've seen better,but the
    only thing this series offers is creepy,gross,and insane amounts of violence!!"

"Well after a while i saw a preview for Apocalypse Zero and i liked the style, of course on the preview there was no gross out stuff and it looked pretty cool. So it took me forever to finally find Apocalypse Zero on DVD and when i watched it, i was totally shocked. It is really gross! But after watching it many times and not paying attention to the really gross stuff i really like the character designs, style, artwork and animation."

"well, what can i say??

WTF x 10

i can honestly say that THIS is THE most screwed up anime on the face of the planet. like guyver, DBZ, puni puni poemi, urotsokodoji all rolled into one. if you like violence you'll probably like this. and the nudity is JUST BAD!! if anyone likes the kind of nudity in this they should be declared insaine. so you can see how the nudity would be to horify.

though i can see how people say this is just plain bad, but WTF!! well, i have it now, and am able to spring it on unsuspecting, nieve friends of mine whom are in need of a good shock. "

And some who do get it:

"I agree with anyone that says it was disgusting, repulsive, and strait up weird but, Apocolypse Zero is just another example of the human imagination's potential."

" If you understood why Adam West never cracked a smile and wish others could understand why Evil Dead 2 is a work of subtle comedic genius ,then congratulations!you might be one of the dozen or so people who this movie is targeted to .Everything is over the top and gratuitous ,from an old man's deadly genital attack, to a very hungry ,very naked monster who likes to swallow her victims whole.
    Out for their blood is a super-armoured cliche spouting some of the most deliberately bad dialogue ever written.It's like Ed Wood was forced to direct a snuff flick .The whole thing is just a sick joke on a grand scale .But who cares when it's this well executed?"

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  9. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

That sounds cool.

My favourite anime is: [​IMG]

10. dwatts

dwatts New Member

More gory Anime? But it's a CARTOON - so does it matter? :D

They are comparing it with film - but as a cartoon, it's really not close, imo.

11. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Plus it's Satire, everything is done over the top on purpose.

Yet some people still think that Evil Dead 2 is a scary horror movie and Dead Alive was suppose to be scary... Geesh!

12. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Well, I won't get into my usual rant about lumping any and all animation under the "cartoon" label (kinda like calling "The Twilight Zone" a sitcom, for example), but I will say that any representation of violence can be disturbing, if done right, under ANY medium (see Perfect Blue or Hellsing or Pink Floyd's The Wall as examples ).

13. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Heh heh. Animated then - it's a drawing. That's what disallows me from being bothered by it in the same way movie effects can sometimes do. I don't recall anything disturbing in "The Wall". It's very very good, I just wasn't disturbed. Each to their own though - I just thought it was funny they were advertising this as especially gory. Sorry ;)

14. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

I don't know. The metaphorical imagery of
    a woman's vagina consuming a man whole
    was a tad disturbing to me. And I am supposed to be the jaded one here.

15. dwatts

dwatts New Member

16. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Guess not ;)

17. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

i think that Elfen Lied is probably pretty high up on gore quotient. and has a great story. pretty sadistic at times too.
    [​IMG]

18. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

and i just started to watch Gantz. looks pretty vicious too.

19. Atmims

Atmims Guest

I'm gonna have to give this a shot.

Animation can be just as powerful as film Dwatts, even violence. I'm not saying this is necessarily, It looks like it might be good cheap fun, but then what the hell is Italian horror?

20. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

For those of you who do get it, please post your reactions in this thread and how do you think it stacks up to other anime and even films as far as gore goes.

Nothing goes better with Gore than Cheese :D