The most Violent Anime of all time!

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by KR~!, Apr 17, 2005.

1. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

I own this, got it a few years ago. Its quite a gem, definately one of the most violent anime's I've seen, I also really love how bizzare it is. If I remember correctly however it isnt finished, or atleast it was left with an open ending for something more to come but nothing ever came out. I'd love to see more of this series but I highly doubt it will ever happen.
    Some other violent anime's are;
    Gantz- the uncut versions are pretty gruesome, especially around the 15-18 ish episodes. Too bad ADV fucked their customers by releasing disc's with only 2 episodes per Disc, for a 26 episode series. I would have bought it otherwise.

Berserk- pretty violent throughout, especially the final episodes

Fist of the North Star- old school, exploding heads and organs.

Elfen Lied- Looks cute, but is really bloody. Has lots of blood spraying and severed limbs in each episode. I lost interest around 3 episodes from the end

2. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

yeah it's 2 eps per disc but they're charging about half what the DVDs with 3-4 eps usually go for. I saw the first disc for $14.99 Canadian, whereas usually you're paying 29.99-35.99 Canadian for a 3-4 episode disc. so it doesn't seem like such a bad deal to me. You get more discs with more pretty cover art.

3. logboy

logboy Guest

from looking at anime blogs a lot of people are turned of automatically by the violent stuff. shame, cos theres so many non-obsessive anime fans out there that would buy this stuff if it was more obviously out there...
    i think anime fans prefer the cute, involved story rather than violence / gore so what ever kind of anime gets violent they dont like it.

"elfen lied" seems to be one of the exceptions. dont know if "ninja scroll" tv show is that violent, but theres a boxset of it out on R1 soon... 'fist of the north star" is violent, but the series was so long youre unlikely to get a subbed boxset legitimately... what about "kite" and "mezzo forte" - theyre pretty extreme mix of violence and hentai...

4. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Speaking of Fist of the Northstar...

I have a Import DVD that has both the english dub with the Amercian Ending (bad buy wins) and the uncut Japanese version in Japanese remastered with picture and sound with the Japanese ending (from the comix, ends with a draw, more bloody at the end).

It's release from China ;)

I have never seen the TV show.

5. Atmims

Atmims Guest

The TV show is great, you should definetly check it out. I recommend the subtitled version though only because the dubbed replaced the music of the original with crappy drum beats.

There used to be complete series boxsets on eBay. I never got one for myself but I hear they are good quality taken straight from the expensive Japanese DVD release with english subtitles added on.

6. maskull

i dunno. i hang out on an anime board a lot and they're bloodthirsty bastards. they love Elfen Lied, Beserk, Gantz, Fist of the North Star....etc.
    I liked Mezzo Forte and Kite...but i wouldn't say they're as violent as the opening scenes of Elfen Lied. But yeah they are pretty blood-soaked. I actually think Kite would've benefitted by another episode or two so they could have fleshed out (no pun intended) the story. as it was, the story seemed rushed.
    honestly, do you really need the complete series of Fist of the North Star? I found it to be quite repetitive after a while. Just buy the original movie, and maybe a couple of eps and you're pretty much set.
    ....i also love the cutesy animes. :D

7. aoiookami

yes the cover art is indeed nice. But in the long run, to buy the entire series it's actually more expensive this way (I got the latest dvd of Ghost in the Shell: SAC for 20.00$ at HMV with 4 episodes), and despite the "quicker between volumes release" schedule it will actually take longer to complete than a standard 3-4 eps per disc series. Also I dont have the shelf space for 13 dvd's that could have fit in 6 or 7.

8. aoiookami

while we're on the topic of violent anime, I thought I'd post some news that made me quite happy; new Hellsing OVA
    New's from www.animeondvd.com
    This cant come out soon enough! :evil:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  9. maskull

i can agree on the shelf space issue. I don't even have the room for 6 or 7 right now. Honestly though, Ghost In The Shell is a special case. it's a well-known anime so they charge less for it. most anime DVDs (that I've seen anyway) cost between 29.99 and 35.99. especially the ADV releases. anyway on to other things....

you know I have never seen a single ep or read a single manga of Hellsing? I've been wanting to for a long time now but just have always had something a little higher on the list of want to buy. I should really correct that someday soon.

10. kyouki

kyouki Guest

Where did you get this disc? I have an old Region 0 disc that has only the Japanese track with burned in Chinese subtitles. I'd love to get my hands on a nice version like the one you have.

The boxed set is really nice. I had it and actually watched every episode... it probably took me a good 1.5 years+ to get the whole thing watched (there are over 100 episodes). The quality was very nice and although the subtitles were pretty lousy, they were at least available. It's definitely worth picking up the HK version you can find on EBay as it is a fraction of the price of the Japanese discs (which were around $1000 for the set when they came out).

11. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I remember (I may be mispelling this) Urotsodoji: Legend of the Overfiend was very violent. Lotsa over the top demon raping in it too. Was this ever released to DVD? My VHS has been long gone.

12. maskull

those HK releases can be pretty hit or miss. some are great and has easy to understand subtitles, others have completely incomprehensible ones. i even know someone who bought the HK GTO set and they had the wrong subtitles on one of the discs. that being said, all the ones i've bought so far have been good quality and will keep me happy until i can buy the official North American releases.

13. maskull

there were actually a series of eps/movies/sequels of Urotsukidoji. They even released a "Perfect Collection" on DVD. anyway yeah it was pretty damn gorey and twisted, with a lot of tentacle/and other rape. but then, if you want to bring this conversation into the hentai realm...there's so much we could list....

14. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Ail Maniax is actually the most extreme and most insane hentai of them all, it makes Urotsukidoji look like Disney. Just think of the Guinea Pig series but on crack and more out of control ;) It's safe to say it has not been released in the US. Pretty gross. I don't like hentai, I like weird Horror. So it's not for me.

EDIT: Actually it's not really considered hentai, but Guro, which is the Hardcore version of hentai if you can belive that. Guro mixed XXX sex with over teh top Gore, at the same time. Crazy Japanese :p

The Fist of the Northstar DVD I have was made by Anime Studio Inc from Hong Kong. I got it from E-Bay long ago.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  15. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Ahhh, that is good news! I'm kinda torn on the original Hellsing series: it was a tad too predictable for me, but it was never boring and had some cringe-worthing violence.

Looking forward to the new installments. Thanks for the news! :)

16. Vampyre

Vampyre Guest

Any One Ever Seen Kite???? now that's a viloent Anime

17. maskull

it's violent but no where near the title of most violent anime. it was really too short as well. not enough character developement.

18. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Ha! Someone needs to get this movie and then they will understand :)

19. Vampyre

Vampyre Guest

Yep, it's not the most viloent...... and yes I agree it was not long enough... they need to make a sequal to that....

20. maskull

yeah a sequel to that and a sequel to Mezzo Forte too! that'd be swell! :evil: