The most Violent Anime of all time!

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by KR~!, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Vampyre

Vampyre Guest

Mezzo Forte I have not had a chance to see that yet... that's supposed to be awsome too from what I hear...

2. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

if you liked Kite, you'll probably enjoy Mezzo Forte. though it's a little more comedic. there's also the series called Mezzo which is the one without the hentai scenes, but I haven't watched that yet. I believe it's a completely different story with some of the same characters and a few new ones. but it's "clean". so I don't know how violent it is either.

3. logboy

logboy Guest

i would appreciate specific details on the design and a place to pick up this boxset with the remastered image and english dub on it. i have seen loads of boots / china boxsets listed but no grabs of the image and definitive information. thanks...

oh, i think youre talking about the movie. i want the tv show. there was a japanese unsubbed boxset, and theres new "best of" discs in japan too... need to see the series in a decent set...

4. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Like I said before, I only have the film. I never even seen the TV show. :(

5. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

It is a different story..or rather, a series of different stories involving those characters. it also suffers from the worst drop in animation quality I've ever seen in all my years of watching anime. They blew all their budget on the first episode (which looked great, but the rest of the series is quite hideous)

6. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

thanks for letting me know. I was considering buying but I think I'll just rent instead.

7. y2doublet

y2doublet Toxic Crusader

This thread forced me to pick up Apocalypse Zero from DVD Soon. Hope it delievers.

8. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

After seeing Fist of the North Star Movie again and Apocalypse Zero, I must say that I think that Fist of the North star is still the most bloody Anime ever. Apocalypse Zero has the most gore and has to be the most fucked up and gross Anime ever. Nothing can prepare you for this insanity! Don't eat before watching it! :nervous: :lol:

EDIT:
    Watch it in Japanese w/ Subs for the full effect.
    The dud audio is kind of lame as it is always the case.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  9. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Devil Man is really violent and in my opinion the best anime ever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I have seen Devilman, which is cool but does not compare in the violence and gore department, it's pretty tame when compared to those two. They are REALLY over the top.

11. aoiookami

You devilman fans should definately check out Amon: The Darkside of Devilman. It's another Devilman OVA based off the Amon manga series; it's really bloody and has some great fight scenes. It's only availible on japanese r2 and bootleg r0 tho, unfortunately

12. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I only seen the 1st newish ones (OVA), not the super old school ones (old TV show I belive) where he is blue. The character designs are really awesome.

I have to look into Amon: The Darkside of Devilman

13. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Never heard of that cn you get it dubbed or is it only available with subtitle?

14. aoiookami

it's never been picked up by any distributors, so you can only get it subtitled. you can get the r0 bootleg off of ebay. you can check out the official (?) website here. it has some images and a trailer, the trailer can be found 4 links up from the bottom "AMON BBS" link if I recall correctly
    http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/devilman/

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  15. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

How about Violence Jack made by the same creator?
    It was released on VHS but never on DVD in the US. There is a import DVDs with all three EPs however.

Italian cover:

[​IMG]

UK cover:
    [​IMG]

French cover:

[​IMG]

there are a few more

16. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Finally saw Apocalypse Zero. That is some really messed up shit. Nice n' gory... that "rockstar" monster was the funniest thing ever. Ya... really enjoyed this, I see many more viewings of this for damn sure. :)

17. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

It was very gross, it was also suppose to be a joke, but no one got it and no more were ever made. If you want to see how it is so funny, just try to explain it to anyone with a straight face :)

Their armor used the blood of saints as fuel for crying out loud :D

18. gore

gore Guest

Ok, I have just bought Elfen Lied. This is the first anime I have ever seen. I am on the second episode so far. I can not express my hate for that fucking pokemon face/ puppy dog eyes that is given to some characters while some look more realistic. I dont even want to watch the rest of the series it bothers me that much. Please tell me they are not all like this and if so recommend me some gory anime that does not showcase this retarded child animation in between good animation. WTF!!

19. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Sorry but nearly all of them do. That's the anime style.

20. DEADCHRIST

DEADCHRIST Guest

UROTSUKIDOJI! That's the movie I was thinking of when I saw this thread. I've always been of the opinion that anime is lame, but maybe I need to watch more. I never actually watched UROTSUKIDOJI but I remember seeing ads for it in various magazines when I was a kid hanging out in a comic shop.

There was a time when I thought DRAGON BALL Z was pretty cool, but that was before it was introduced in the states and translated into English, mid 90's I think. Total fucking cheez-fest... lame as hell.