The Mutilator from Arrow Video arrives this September.

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Paul_s, Jun 10, 2015.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Mine was delivered last week, but I'm still on a road trip down the east coast, so probably won't get it until Monday or Tuesday. Will hopefully have Mutilator, American Horror Project, Pieces, and more waiting for me when I get back!

2. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Mine arrived via Amazon 2/24! I did see the movie at the second run movie house in 1986 on a double with the Dee Wallace mystery/drama "Shadow Play". I remember hearing the credits song "Fall Break" and remembering the title from a feature of the film under "Fall Break" in Fangoria I had read some time earlier.
    I haven't watched it yet, but am looking forward to it.

3. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Did you order from Amazon UK? I'm still waiting for mine. It should hopefully be here any day now.

~Matt

4. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Yes, mine was ordered from Amazon UK.

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. I thought I would have had it by now but it must be coming next week.

6. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I did a review for my channel

7. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Mister twister only has 15 subscribers wtf??

8. Zombie Dude

How many do have Dobbs?

9. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Shit like 1 only and I don't remember the name of my youtube account. It was just a lip sink jam with me shaking my romp.

10. Paul_s

Paul_s Member

In HD? and please no shaky cam!

11. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

Haha, I love how you describe the gory murders, but then squeamishly say "private parts". :D

Steel76 likes this.
  12. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

That was a fucking blast! I only wish I had seen it 30 years ago since the beach looked just like where I would go as a kid. Paired with the cabin by the lake which resembled Friday the 13th, I could've had the perfectly warped childhood. Nice brutal kills, too bad the pool gag didn't work out but kudos for mentioning it in the extras. I was kinda like "WTF?, Off screen drowning for the fly girl, and this movie has a rep for gore?", but it all got much better. A little bit of the humor got too much and missed, and I hate the Benny Hill speed up scene. The song which I thought would annoy me to no end, did not. I was almost into the tune, almost. Mostly laughing at it, but my fingers started snapping along by the end credits. Nice doc and other extras, really fun hearing about ho the title and artwork came to be. Awesome package and fun slasher flick that is way more hit than miss. Had a felling this would be a good blind buy, and I was right. Fuck man, this pretty much lived up to it's insanely awesome poster (which has been a favorite since first seeing it)! That shit almost never happens with 80's slashers.

Zombie Dude, Angelman, Matt89 and 3 others like this.
  13. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

What a great job Arrow did once again. A very nice transfer for such an obviously low budget film. The last time I watched the film was March of 1985 so it's been almost exactly 31 years since my last viewing. Surprisingly enough I remembered several of the violent scenes. The acting of course isn't very good but it was still a nice hour and a half. Looking forward to checking out the extras.

14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Everyone in the making-of is so laid back, there's no drama or dirt and they all have only nice things to say about each other. It's easy to see how that fun-loving and carefree feeling translates to the film. I also love how none of them look down on the movie at all, in fact they all seem to love it. Also love that Ralph is more or less a real person. He should team up with Hanks from Hauntedween for a buddy comedy.

In regards to location and characters, this has to be one of the most charming '80s slashers out there. I love finally owning this and Blood Rage in hi-def. I can't imagine how Arrow could have done a better job on either of these.

15. sade

sade Member

Finally got to watch it for the first time! I kind of enjoyed it for what it is. I also found the two commentaries very informative.

16. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

[​IMG]

Pretty amazing mailday today! Already had Arrow's Blu-ray, but got a package from Buddy Cooper himself today which included a personally autographed Fall Break 7" (has the theme song on the A-side and instrumental version on the B-side) and 12 production Polaroids!

Not sure what's all left, but Buddy is selling stuff off from the movie over here via Instagram of all places, so you'll have to scroll through the pics to see what's still avaialble and what's sold out: https://www.instagram.com/the_mutilator_shop/

stigdu, Dobby, fceurich39 and 2 others like this.
  17. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Just watched the Blu and am totally impressed. What a great transfer and package. Such a pleasant upgrade considering what we've been dealing with for years.

Angelman likes this.
  18. Spacevis

Spacevis There's some Dettol in the jeep!

Watched it last weekend on a double bill with Pieces (which, apparently, was a real thing on 42nd street :D). The Mutilator is a very entertaining film and the presentation is superb. Love the interviews with everyone, the love that went into making it and the enthousiasm. Arrow really set a new standard for releasing obscure slasher flicks. The same goes for Pieces actually. I really like how these companies are setting new standards for releasing these movies and hope this will raise the bar for other copanies in order for them to compete!

19. Zombie Dude

I watched the Arrow bluray again not long ago and can't say the film is very good once the hype for this being released has died down. The plot is dull with not a whole lot going on besides small talk and silly games. Most of the actors look to be in their 30's which makes it amusing to see them try and act like teens. I really hated the girl who didn't want to have sex with her partner till after they were married; talk about a Debbie downer lol. The kills also don't hold up too well. The propeller death comes to mind, with the guy just standing there awkwardly moaning for way too long which only makes the scene comical and lessens the otherwise good effects work. Let not forget how bad the whole pool scene is as well, with the couple playing hide and seek even though it's not dark and the killer somehow offing the chick without the guy seeing. It's just another awkward scene.
    What I do love is the catchy Fall Break theme song. Easily the best thing to take away from this movie in my opinion.

20. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Wow. I really enjoy this one. It's no worse than most other slashers and the gore is super fun.

fceurich39 likes this.