The Official Amityville Horror 2005 Reaction thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by indiephantom, Apr 14, 2005.

1. betterdan

betterdan Guest

:lol: I am honored to be a soldier in your army bigdaddy.

2. DrJOnes666

DrJOnes666 Guest

That's exactly it.
    (well, except for the son part. :) )

3. DrJOnes666

DrJOnes666 Guest

It's damn easy my friend to call me a troll in order to discard my input. I wonder on what basis you are supporting your judgment of who I am, and how I interact in society. Oh yeah, I know, one post above that you didn't like from me. That's right... You know me now.
    Who lives in a cave Mr. ~7000 posts?
    Get a life.

:lol:

4. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

This has quickly gone from a Reaction thread to an Overreaction thread.

5. It's becoming Nazi Germany, "You CANNOT have your own opinion...you must love zis film"

6. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Calm down sir. The only thing I have to go on about you is what you have posted, for example you think because people don't like a movie that you did then they must be unwise or have juvenile thinking. Did you ever stop to think maybe the people who thought it was crap in fact really thought the movie was crap? I know what a new concept huh? Maybe you should stop worrying if others like the same movies you do and just go on with your life.
    Oh also if you are jealous of someone having more posts maybe Hyde or someone can fix your post count so that you don't throw a fit next time. I just want to help you find happiness. :)
    Your son,
    betterdan

PS. I know I said in that other post that I was honored to be bigdaddy's son but that was just because I wanted to borrow his car for the weekend and join his army. (I hope he isn't reading this right now :nervous: ) I still love you daddy even if bigdaddy's car is better.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2005
  7. DrJOnes666

DrJOnes666 Guest

Ok man, you got me.
    You totally understand my posts.
    I'm totally jaleous of your post count.
    And everybody is wrong but me. No, wait, let me rephrase that: everybody should think like I do.

Thanks for enlighting me. I'm very happy now.

I'm done with this.

8. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I'm glad that's over, now lets please try to get back to the topic at hand.

9. onebyone

onebyone Guest

A thread just isn't a thread until at least one betterdan fight breaks out. This thread is only now legit.

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Wow, talk about closed-minded.

Betterdan isn't the only one who thinks you're coming off as an asshole; you basically said that anyone who doesn't like this movie is an idiot. And if that's not what you meant, then perhaps you should have put more thought into your original post. ;)

11. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Always glad to straighten people out. :)
    I didn't like Amityville 05 but I would never think someone was ignorant or juvenile because they liked it. Now bad taste may come to mind but not the others.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2005
  12. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

You have latrine duty for the rest of the month, and no car either you ungrateful little shit! Now that I think about, take your ass to bed, no dinner tonight either!:mad:

13. betterdan

betterdan Guest

:eek1: :cry:

But to get back on topic. I thought the remake was crap.

14. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Have I even mentioned I did see it opening weekend?
    It wasn't anything special in anyway to me. I started getting tired of all the music cue shocks, which seemed like every few seconds.
    The babysitter was nice to look at, but just out of place in this. In fact, that makes me remember that the movie just doesn't feel like it was really done.
    Piss-poor editing? Studio interference? Something just not right methinks.
    On the other hand, it didn't suck either. Just a so-so ho-hum flick IMO.

15. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I just don't see myself ever sitting down to watch this movie, but if I happened to be somewhere it's playing... I'd peek over the back of the couch and shriek at all the "scary" parts.

16. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

i just saw this the other day and thought it was ok. Not the worst movie i have ever seen. I didnt think it was very scary and it didnt seem like anyone in the theatre was scared either. I wasnt bored or counting the seconds till it was over though either. I wont buy the dvd but i would watch this on TBS one day. And the baby sitter was hot.

17. dmeister

dmeister New Member

I think most people are ignorant and juvenile, anyway. ;)

dmeister

18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I thought the movie started out fairly well and there were a couple of decent cheap scares. I wouldn't call most of them truly effective, nobody jumped or really reacted much in the audience. The babysitter comedy was unexpected, but didn't really seem to work all that well for the film. I found the last 20 or 30 minutes of the flick to be pretty inane and over the top. I also thought the editing of the film stunk most of the time, it just didn't change gears right or something. All in all, a decent remake, but I'll take the original anytime.

19. Andy Brooks

Andy Brooks Guest

I just saw this the other day and I thought it was ok. Nothing that spectacular, but not a bad way to spend 90mins especially for free! By the way, does anyone have any more free tickets they want to send me? I'll take my mom as a Mother's Day Gift! ;)

20. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I think the ticket expires pretty soon, doesn't it?