The Official Cannibal Holocaust Grindhouse Thread

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DeathDealer, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

They should use that on the print advertising campaign. ;)

2. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I glad to hear you liked it

3. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

I got mine tomorrow and its strange, I got #11,112/11,111.

4. maniac666

maniac666 New Member

Got mine today from Amazon.ca,i have number 05548/11,111
    The package is really nice,the wait is finally over!!

5. lethalkrs

lethalkrs Guest

Got mine today. #2574. Disc 2 was loose, but seems to play fine. Watching the interview with Robert Kerman, boy is that guy strange.

so far foundtwo easter eggs.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2005
  6. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

That would be cool if we could get a list going of the Easter Eggs and how to access 'em. Unless there is a list kicking around somewhere I missed?

I don't have the disc yet but I'll see what I can come up with when it arrives if there is no list yet.

7. Atmims

Atmims Guest

It's a nice package. Disc 1 was loose on mine also, just a few scuffs though. I don't know when I'll ever get a chance to check the discs out though. I'm set-up in my grandad's dining room, with no door. He bitches about the filth on cable TV, so I would hate to see him freak out if he caught me watching Cannibal Holocaust.

8. lethalkrs

lethalkrs Guest

The two that I have found are both on disc 2. Looked through all the menus on disc one and couldn't find any.

On the first screen, select the interviews tab. When in the interviews list keep pressing left until you get the skull on the right hand side. This takes you to a clip of Sage and Co. following "Alan Yates" and then stopping him for the interview.

On the main menu, keep pressing left until the skull pops up to get a clip from the Cult-Con 2000 where they are discussing the movie and they bring Robert Kerman in to meet Deodato for the first time since finishing the movie and then follows him while he is doing autographs and being amazed at the following the movie has.

Will keep looking for the rest. Is there really supposed to be 5?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2005
  9. betterdan

betterdan Guest

There is supposed to be 7 from what I heard. 2 on the first disc (found one so far) and 5 on the 2nd disc (found one so far)

10. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Heh, this one is actually listed on Diabolik DVD's product page for the DVD:

For those of you interested in seeing the Easter Egg of the Exhumed Films
    world premiere of the re-release of of the film (complete with an interview
    with Diabolik DVD co-owner Joseph A. Gervasi and co-owner Jesse Nelson's
    leg), go to the second disc under "credits". On the final page of the
    credits, hit the arrow down key. A skull will appear highlighted in red.
    Click enter. And there you go!

11. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

Got this disc on monday from Dvdempire...no piranha scene. What a fucking bullshit of a rumor for those bastards to spread around that they had found it...that's like saying you caught a real-live yeti to fans of the film (my love goes way back to the Cult Epics LD...when they included a never-before-seen still!!!)
    The extras are great, especially the behind-the-scenes gallery & kind hearted Alan Yate's interview (what a pussy!!)...real perspective changers...but they ain't no substitute for the piranha scene. I think it's been about 3 long years waiting for that one supplement. Yet nobody else seems to be noticing that they indeed claimed it was discovered and would be included on the dvd...as I recall forum member/ Grindhouse employee of sorts Bruce H even seemed convinced.
    Let's also not forget what shit Alan Young Pictures and EC received over their "cut" versions, but Grindhouse gets the praise...EC made better though, and nobody will ever convince me that the gorgeous, alternate/more-complete EC Ultra-Bit transfer wasn't sourced from a negative...which Grindhouse claims didn't exsist for theirs. But that's just a thought, frankly, I don't care about that sequence. But I just feel as though wool gets pulled over the eyes whenever we hear anything from these guys. Another example, the hidden sleeve artwork no other home video company in the world has ever had the guts to release!!...it's the chick on a stick...one of the most popular images to be printed on the many releases this movie has seen on home video.
    But gruff aside, I still love the disc.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  12. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Picked it up at Borders yesterday. I will probably not get a chance to watch until Saturday night.

13. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

one easter egg tells about the piranha scene

14. chrishicks

I got mine from Xploited today - #316/11,111. of course I have a floater too. I'm just waiting until my DDD order gets here before I decide which one I'm going to keep(I want the lower #) so I don't want to open this one just yet.

15. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

What you mean Floater chrishicks?

16. chrishicks

I have a disc that came loose in the case and its just "floating" around.

17. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I was hoping it wasn't toilet related.

18. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I was one of the lucky ones I guess since both DVDs were firmly seated in mine.

19. Golgo13

Golgo13 Guest

#3222/11111

I'm not sure if it's been posted yet but it basically comes in the same case the Universal Legacy collections came in. Those cases were notorious for floaters. Even worse, some of those sets had flipper discs.

Got mine at J&R music world for 17.99. 2 copies left and one is definitely a floater. Good luck :)

20. theskank

theskank Guest

Along with alot of other people, my discs arrived loosed and sratched up and had to send them back because it's skipping.
    This seems to be a big problem with this package, I'm hearing alot of unhappy people from loose discs.