The Official Masters Of Horror - SECOND SEASON - Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by baggio, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

The Washingtonians was shockingly awful. Why did the cannibals not wipe their mouths while eating?

I just couldn't figure out if it was a comedy or a horror or what. The first part was clearly not a comedy but then it became almost slapstick. Even the swaping Georges ending. A truly terrible episode. Probably the worst of both seasons.

2. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Is all of this comedy pissing anyone else off? Shouldn't there be an obligation to try to make something scary when you get tapped by a show called "Masters of Horror?"

I give Landis a pass since humorous horror is his thing and he's proven that he's good at it. But I'd like this show a lot better if his episodes were the exception and not the rule.

3. Luna

Luna Guest

Meh. I wasn't overly impressed with Dream Cruise. It had potential but wasted it in my opinion. It's nothing I'd really want to see again, I'm afraid.

4. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Completely agree. One of the worst acted episodes, too..

5. I'm home sick today (been sick all weekend), it sucks being sick, but the good part is I get to catch up on all the stuff I DVR'd I haven't been able to watch.

I watched both Washingtonians and Dream mCruise back to back. I found Washingtonians to be...a bit on the cheesy side. Esepcially toward the end. Still it was a fun episode.

I think Dream Cruise is my favorite of season 2 (next to V word). It got a bit slow in parts and the acting was..so/so. But man, when it got going it creeped me out. Felt a bit "Grudgish" in certain area, but it sure was dang affective, considering I was watching sick on the couch, all alone in the dark with the shades drawn!

Did anyone else see Heather Langenkamp (of NOES fame)? According to this, she was in it? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0868394/ deleted scene?

6. uradouche

uradouche New Member

Dream Cruise.
    man.
    lame.
    Horrible acting. Horrible. Did I say horrible? let's spend some of the budget on a casting director. please.
    and, i think we've reached the limit on scary long black hair ghosts. I think we reached it after the first one. we've been over limit since, oh i don't know... ringu? perhaps before?
    oh, and no boobs.
    and barely any blood. (not that these 2 things are requirements, they just make this series suck a lot less)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  7. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

okay ive got the whole 2nd season on demand and need to watch some- any consensus on which I should watch first and which were for the most part pretty awful?

8. indiephantom

There are 3 I haven't seen, and this season is pretty mediocre/bad all in all, but I did like

Family
    Right to Die
    Pelts
    Sounds Like

Really Really bad ones were:
    Pro-Life
    Dream Cruise

9. ThievingWinona

ThievingWinona New Member

Overall, this season was better than the first. If I had to give an overall rating of each season as a whole:

Season 1: 4.5/10
    Season 2: 6/10

10. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

The Screwfly Solution is the only episode you need to see.

11. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I have never truly disliked anything John Carpenter has directed... until now. Pro-Life was really, truly quite awful. I thought maybe I would not love it because it would be too political on the subject, but it played things too down the middle for that. I never expected to not like it because it was just really poorly done, but that was in fact the case. I can't believe Carpenter had anything to do with this project. It failed on every level.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Yea, it didn't look like something he was used to directing. I didn't care for it either. Like I said in an earlier post, the beginning was all over the place. It took about half the show to fiqure out who the characters were.

13. indiephantom

"Pro-Life" is a complete disaster.

14. Probably incredibly superficial but are there the trading cards in the second season discs like there were in the first season discs?

15. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Reassuring to see I'm not the only person overflowing with hatred for John Carpenter's Pro-Life.

It doesn't get any lower-rent than this. What an embarrassment and disgrace!

16. indiephantom

anyone hear if there's to be a season 3?

17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

There should be one. I just read an interview somewhere with William Lustig and he was saying he will be directing an episode for the third season.

18. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

YAY!

Hope this comes to pass.

19. so is that a no on the trading cards in season two DVD releases?

20. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Well... I'll know when I buy my first Season 2 DVD. The Screwfly Solution... In June.