The Official Masters Of Horror Thread (MERGED)

Discussion in 'General' started by Crystal Plumage, Jan 27, 2005.

1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I loved Deer Woman.

Imprint was just stupid and not scary at all. Or atmospheric. The twist was beyond retarded. Hardcore? If you mean potentially offensive, then sure. Blood? Uh-huh. You got me there. If those are the things you look for in a good movie, then this is for you.

2. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I don't know why they didn't at least mention INNOCENT BLOOD, or even Michael Jackson's THRILLER. Landis has still done more than Lucky McKee that's in the genre.

3. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Just difference in Opinion.

The Ghost cameos where just fucking scary as hell. No one does horror like Miike.

4. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Just rented the new 2-pack. Finished CHOCOLATE and thought it was pretty mediocre, but I wasn't expecting much from the preview. Seems more like a thriller, not really horrific enough. I'm really looking forward to INCIDENT.

Pissed that the ones for rent at Hollywood are totally bare bones with no bonus features at all, not even captions! Still a good way to check them out without shelling out too much money. CIGARETTE BURNS was okay, but I haven't seen any yet that I've felt like owning.

5. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

i picked up the 2 dvds today and checked them out. Both are entertaining, but I thought the last pair AB released were better. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the series.

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

considering their just about half out on dvd now, I'm assuming the box set will be avalilble around October. And judging by the first two pack going for under $15 already I'm sure the whole set will go for a sweet deal.

7. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Thank God for that! ;)

8. Luna

Luna Guest

This quote still cracks me up massively. I just thought I'd mention it.

9. mybordy

mybordy Guest

Music from episode "SICK GIRL"

One question, does anybody know the two or three music tracks of SICK GIRL?? I'm talking about the songs that are played when Angela Bettis appears at the beginning of the episode in her appartament, the other when she is going to the work and then, when she and Misty are searching the "bug"... I would be so pleased if anyone knows...

Thanks so much

10. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Picked up a rare find this weekend at a collectibles show!! Issue 63 of Creepy with the original story of Jenifer! And I paid only $3 for it!! Great little story! The episodes wasn't much of a departure from the story, it just added some more elements to fill it out!

11. mybordy

mybordy Guest

I'VE GOT IT!!! These are the songs from SICK GIRL:

The song played when Ida Teeter (Angela Bettis) is going to "The McNaughton Museum of Natural History" is "Massokiss" by Poperratic (the artist name of JAYE BARNES LUCKETT, who also wrote many song from other Lucky McKee's films like "MAY"). Pending Nov 8, 2006 Masters of Horror

The music played during the end credits is "Hide and Seek" by Poperratic, from their first full-length studio album "Vagus (the wandering nerve)", first premiered in the MASTERS OF HORROR: SICK GIRL soundtrack.

The song played at the beginning, when Angela Bettis appears on her house singing, is "Zero Hero" by Poperratic, avalaible on their first full-length studio album "Vagus (the wandering nerve)".

You can buy or listen the previews here: http://cdbaby.com/cd/poperratic

12. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Probably not.
    You can easily get avi's off nearly any torrent site, then convert/burn them to dvd like I do. They're made from the HD broadcasts and look pretty close to real dvd quality when burned 16:9 in Nero (although still just 2.0 audio). Or if you have one of those dvd players that plays avi files, you can get half a season or more on one disc (I'm going 2 at a time, could squeeze 3 or 4 but don't want the extra compression).

There are no real dvds to rip yet, since the season is all of 2 episodes long.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006