The Official Masters Of Horror Thread (MERGED)

Discussion in 'General' started by Crystal Plumage, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

2. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Its a time like this I'm glad I work for Cox. Free cable bitches! I cant wait to watch this entire series, record it to my DVR and then watch it endlessly on a loop. And AB better do a damn good job on the eventual discs. I really hope they do another round of episodes after these air.

3. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Just got reinterested in this (totally forgot this...:rolleyes: ) and watched the trailer.
    It really looks awesome.I like the look of Jenifer,very creepy lady!
    That's the one I'm most excited about (ofcourse :D).

4. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

This looks awesome. I had somehow expected this to look more low-budget and grade-c, something like Body Bags, but this actually looks creepy, fun and extremely gory! I'm soooo into it :D And with Anchor Bay's Trauma and Card Player coming up later this month, this autumn looks like a good one for Argento! :D

5. Luna

Luna Guest

I see the threads have been merged... could a mod perhaps, I dunno, correct the spelling of this thread? It's driving me insane. :lol:

6. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Have you seen the thread titles around here lately!? I'm sure this thread title is on a waiting list to be corrected, after all the threads with "there" and "too" in the titles are looked at first. :p

7. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

I can't wait to see it however I live in the UK and may have to wait for a DVD release :(

8. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Anyone else getting a bad link?? Dying to get the trailer, but haven't had any luck.

9. Crystal Plumage

Check the site (link provided already in this post :D):
    http://www.mastersofhorror.net/
    Exceeded its bandwith at the moment,which I think is a good thing!This means the project at least gets enough interest :)

10. Crystal Plumage

Man,I just googled the word "Offical" ....
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Luna

Luna Guest

That's why I had to say something... this one pushed me over the edge. :lol:

12. indiephantom

Hey Crystal,

your link was good but I still can't get the trailer to load. Frustration. :eek2:

13. Crystal Plumage

14. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Looks extremely intersting. Too bad we don't get Showtime here...

15. indiephantom

Hey Crystal...thanks that worked for me! Damn this looks great. I hope TMN, Showcase, or Scream carries this in Canada. Seems likely one of them will, and TMN has been all over Showtime stuff lately.

Also wonder if there's a chance any of this stuff could show up at the Toronto Film Fest as a sneak peek. Here's hoping. :glasses:

16. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

17. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I should probably start a new thread for this, but you guys are the ones who might be interested:

Masters Of Sci-Fi In The Works
    The creators of Showtime's upcoming Masters of Horror anthology series told SCI FI Wire that they are developing a second show: Masters of Sci-Fi, which will adapt famous SF stories for TV. Producer Keith Addis said that he hopes to get the show on the air by the fall of 2006, though no network has picked up the idea just yet.

Addis said that the SF anthology will begin by adapting some of the best-known short stories of SF, including works by Harlan Ellison, Robert A. Heinlein, Polish writer Stanislaw Lem (author of Solaris) and Ray Bradbury.

Addis and his partners, Brad Mendelsohn and Andrew Deane, picked stories that fit their budget and that "have the potential to be the most satisfying hours of television that can be produced wonderfully without cutting corners," Addis said. He added: "We really want to do the very best material with as much integrity as humanly possible."

Michael Tolkin (The Player) will adapt Heinlein's "Jerry Was a Man." John Milius (Conan the Barbarian) will rework Lem's "The Hunt." Bradbury will adapt his story "Dark They Were, and Golden-Eyed." Similarly, Ellison will adapt his short story, "'Repent, Harlequin!' Said the TicktockMan," Addis said.

For his part, Ellison expressed enthusiasm for the project. "Scripts are, in a hundred ways, more difficult and stylistically [demanding] than a straight story," he said in a separate interview. "It takes a conscious paradigm shift in thinking to adapt something from narrative to visual media. With only a half dozen exceptions in my 40-plus years [in Hollywood], I've never allowed anyone else to stir my porridge. And as far as 'Repent, Harlequin!' is concerned, well, even I consider this gig to be a ball-buster. I wouldn't trust it to anyone else. If anyone should fail at the task, it ought to be me, just to be fair."

Ellison added that he's in the process of signing a contract for the show. "I've turned down half a dozen requests to purchase ['Repent, Harlequin!'], one of which came from Michael Jackson," he said. "But Keith Addis seems to be a straight arrow. He's very smart, which is a wonderful sea change from other people I've worked with who have the intellectual capacity of an edamame bean. So I sort of talked myself into it."

18. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

I just saw a commercial on Scream stating this will air in October. :banana:

19. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Yesssssss! :) Glad to hear Scream's pimpin' this :)

20. indiephantom

:banana: I saw the same ad dude!! I was amazed, so I jumped on. This October is going to rock! :banana:

Here's a link to specifics from the site on each episode.http://www.screamtelevision.ca/spec/fall_2005/