The Official Masters Of Horror Thread (MERGED)

Discussion in 'General' started by Crystal Plumage, Jan 27, 2005.

1. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

:cry: Can't somebody post an alternate link so we Canadians/foreigners can see?????

2. Damn, that's a quality extra! It's almost as entertaining to watch those guys sit around the dinner table and reminisce about their favorite horror films as it was to see them in person at Comic Con. I absolutely can't wait for this series to begin. It's been a long time since I've been this excited about something horror related. Thanks for the link man!

3. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

There’s going to be a 15 minute making of documentary for the show airing tonight. It may come on often, but I just stumbled across it while looking through the TV listings. It starts at 8:45 P.M..

4. indiephantom

5. indiephantom

Just another quick update for y'all. I just checked the site again and found 3 of the episode trailers are now online and they are awesome!! I'll let you discover which they are on your own. enjoy.

www.mastersofhorror.net

6. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Just watched the trailer of Dario Argento's "Jenifer" (obviously :)).
    Looks good!:cool:

7. Luna

Luna Guest

I watched that one (I think) and the Coscarelli one last night, and I can't wait! :D

I also cancelled HBO (It hurt, but I had to do it for this) and ordered Showtime so I'd have it in time for the airing. The best thing is that since I had ordered HBO a couple of years ago, they changed the package a bit and now I get Showtime On Demand for what I was already paying. I wound up watching a movie on it last night, so it's already paid off. When I go back to HBO (and I WILL, for Real Time With Bill Maher and Extras), I'll also get On Demand with that as well. Thanks, Masters of Horror, for making it all possible! :lol:

8. indiephantom

Sounds good. I love my On Demand channels. It's a funny story, I actually convinced my Dad to subscribe to Scream here in Canada (he lives far away) when I was talking to him about Masters of Horror. He then went nuts and ordered the full-out sports package. This series is doing cable good!!

9. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I am so jealous of you guys!! I hope they release them as a DVD boxed set!! I'm sure they will, but it's hard to wait!!

10. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

What he said..

11. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

only 1 hour to go here. :D

12. indiephantom

chrishicks, if you get a chance you should create another reaction thread. I won't get to see it until tomorrow night. Enjoy. :cool:

13. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Just saw the 1st epsiode.

Pretty good guys.

Hard gore, great atompshere, and a nice twist.

8/10

14. Luna

Luna Guest

Whoa, good one! I recorded it in DVD quality. I can't wait till the next! :banana:

15. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

I hope this ranks in some good TV ratings.

16. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Angus Scrimm was funny as hell, great stuff from him. It started out kinda stupid, like what on earth did she even see in her husband to begin with? But after the final payoff I could see it was all there for the set up, which was a pretty damn good ending, so I guess I'll cut it some slack. Only slightly predictable, I pretty much knew the set up after the car wreck but I only caught on to the twist ending a few moments before the reveal, I just asked myself, "You know what would be perfect?" And then a broad smile came over my face when she popped the trunk. "That." :D Plus the dead baby grab fooled me, I totally would have gotten a face full of moldy kid just as Moon Face did, nice move on her part.

Thumbs up; I'm glad I recorded it, but there was some digital break up so I'm recording the repeat showing to see if that one will be any better.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
  17. Luna

Luna Guest

If you don't know how to use spoiler tags, it's pretty simple: [ spoiler ] here's all the stuff you're spoiling [ / spoiler ]

No spaces within the brackets. :)

18. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I'm not going to spoilerize everything, so if you want to know nothing about the ep, don't read.

A great start to the series! Incident on and off a Mountain Road is one of Lansdale's stories that I've wanted to read for the longest time, but never got around to. That said,
    I figured she had killed Bruce after I'd read an interview where it was mentioned that the most effective part of the story was the part with him and her. After reading that, it was just a guess, but I was happy to be right, because it was a perfect development. The anal rape was surprising. It was great how she passed him off as one of Moonface's victims. Poor ol' Angus though, killed in cold blood. :(

I agree that Angus was hilarious. He pretty much cracked me up nonstop. The stuff about the eyes witnessing all the evil was interesting, and I liked the bodies being put up in scarecrow fashion. I liked the song that played at the beginning and end, though I have no idea what it was. Ethan Embry was fantastic, as was Bree Turner, who I thought to be very attractive as well.

Looking forward to the rest of em'!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2005
  19. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Great episode. I loved it. The opening credits were really cool and the production value was better than I expected, on par with later episodes of The X-Files. Good cast, with Scrimm easily handing in the best performance as a nutjob. If the rest of the series can maintain this pace and momentum then we are seriously in for a treat. The promo for next weeks Gordon-directed episode looked great.

20. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

ya it was great. although not quite as gory as i had hoped, i still enjoyed it. it reminded me a lot of jeepers creepers too, i'm really looking foward to the rest of the episodes especially dario argento's jenifer