The Omen Series Sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Classic' started by fceurich39, Jan 8, 2005.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I watched this series thinking that it would be awesome could not get into any of the movies i was bored to shit...The omen IV is without a doubt one of the worst movies ever made what is the big deal with this series anyway SPOILER*******************the first one had a few cool scenes like david warner's head getting chopped off but that is it the only positive thing i can think of is the omen dvd is treated with respect but that is it...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

You could use spoiler tags for people who haven't seen the first one, you know. :)

I love The Omen movies... even though I haven't seen the fourth one. The first is by far my favorite and one of my favorite movies of all-time, but I still really enjoy the second and third ones as well.

3. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

The Omen series is great. The first is the best but 2 and 3 are also really good. The 4th was a made for TV movie and ya it's not very good but it's not part of the series as far as i'm concerned.

4. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

The first film is classic. I really enjoy that flick, lotsa fun. Part 2 was alright as well. Haven't seen 3 or 4 yet. But ya... Great stuff!

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I love The Omen series. Even Part 4 isn't all that bad.

6. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I've never seen the 4th myself, but the first is a classic. The second and third are very good too. The films are famous for inventive kills and in that respect I don't think they disappoint.

7. Franco

Franco Weekender

I disagree. Love all four movies!

8. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I love all the Omen movies. Personally, my fave is Damien: The Omen II. Even Omen IV: The Awakening, for being a crappy TV movie, had some decent violence for a TV movie.

9. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Heh heh.

As the regulars here know, I loathe the first film. It's God awful. I think I saw the sequels way back when, but you'd never persuade me to revisit on DVD. I bought The Omen on DVD, but I'll be damned if I can make it all the way through. I've tried.......... more than once.

10. RickMoe

RickMoe New Member

Never seen the 4th OMEN (made for television) movie, and don't want to.
    Only The OMEN Trilogy exists for me, and those 3 are friggin' great. But don't be watching THE OMEN expecting to see lots of demon worships and exploitative gore, these films are cinematic thrillers.

11. dwatts

dwatts New Member

By the way, I first saw it during it's original theatrical run. Read the novel too. Enjoyed it back then. It's just revisiting it over the last couple of years that totally turned me off the thing. I guess I've been spoiled by the ton of exploitation fare I've treated my brain too :D

12. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

You're just sick in the head man, sick. :p I agree 4 blows, but as has been said, it's a TV movie, whaddya expect?

I personally feel that The Omen and Damien are bonafide Classics, thus, moving thread. :)

p.s., yes, I do like The Final Conflict, but I don't consider it on quite the same level as the first two.

13. John Gargo

John Gargo Guest

I absolutely love the original... it's one of my favorite religious horror films from the seventies. While films like THE EXORCIST (another classic) went for over-the-top blasphemous imagery, THE OMEN took a decidedly more literate approach. The whole thing just comes off as very, for lack of a better word, classy. Yeah, I'd say that describes it well enough... THE OMEN has class!! Great direction by Richard Donner, a restrained approach to the material that occasionally lashes out in violence, and an effective score (one of the best ever for a horror movie) makes for a masterpiece. Oh, and of course, Gregory Peck as the lead doesn't hurt either. :)

14. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

Omen 4 was awesome, anybody that doesn't agree well your opinion isn't valid :)

15. I myself enjoyed all 4 films , though part one is by far the best in the series .

16. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed The Omen and The Omen II, they are classic films no doubt. Both Gregory Peck and William Holden were awesome in their respective roles. The inventive kill scenes were without question an influence on the Final Destination films.

17. kyouki

kyouki Guest

I seem to be in the minority here but I really didn't like The Omen myself. It wasn't so bad that I had to watch it in fast forward, but I couldn't get interested in it. Put it up on Ebay and sold it for .99. :(

18. fceurich39

will avoid this series

19. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

I don't get it... I thought you already watched it! :lol:

EDIT; Seems like you're on a roll tonight...

All within an 11 minute span. You're like Mikey on the old Life cereal commercial. :lol:

20. fceurich39

I Did Watch It But Will Avoid Getting The Dvds