The Omen Series Sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Classic' started by fceurich39, Jan 8, 2005.

1. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Oh, I see. It wasn't clear in your first post whether you'd rented or bought the series. What was clear is that you would avoid the dvds, which is why I found it odd you would post such a follow up, especially in your own thread. It's like you're two people. :lol:

2. Damage

Damage Mirror Mirror

Whenever The Omen comes up, I can't help but think of Seinfeld...
    ELAINE: Hey,Kramer, listen, you've seen the Omen right? What exactly was that kid?
    KRAMER: Who, Damien? Nothing, just a mischievous, rambunctious kid.

3. Trout

Trout Guest

I always thought the last film was the least of the series, but all the films were still pretty good. There are worse films out there.

4. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

I caught the first film again over Christmas. After all these years, and who knows how many viewings, it still carries a real punch! Truly a '70s classic.

5. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I'll second that. A classic that still gives me the creeps.

6. atann

atann Guest

The Omen trilogy is one of the Best in cinema history. A must buy for an DVD collector!!

7. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

1st is great. 2nd is good. 3rd has Sam Neil who is great but the movie aint despite some great scenes (the strangling of the infant baby). Jesus will lose in the end anyway.

8. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Dude! Spoiler tags?? ;)

9. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Primo - Omen is one of the best and most distinguished horror series in cinematic history. (Needless to say, it ended with the second sequel, although the US box set includes a poor parody that calls itself "Omen IV" - it was included as, I assume, a joke; the European version omits this awkward and uncalled for addition). Jerry Goldsmith's scores for each entry of the series are treasures worth of placement in the throne room on Olympus, and his horror opera by the name of "The Final Conflict" is the best work of his life.

Secundo - the first film is too young by at least a decade to fit among the classics.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2005
  10. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Correction; films from the seventies are absolutely considered for classic status. Would you say The Exorcist was not a classic? Rosemary's Baby (okay, it's 68, but still...)? Hell, films from the eighties can be up for consideration. It depends on several factors - please see the "What makes a classic?" thread.

Also, I am the moderator of this forum, and I say the Omen is a classic, and so it is written. ;)