The Prowler

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Rock, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I feel like My Bloody Valentine at least has more going on in it. Plus there's a cast of characters that are somewhat interesting which is one of the things I think The Prowler lacks. I definitely enjoy it more than The Prowler.

2. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I love both, but my preference would be The Prowler. It may have a colourless heroine, but at least she's likable, unlike the hero in My Bloody Valentine, who comes across as rather bitchy. And The Prowler has a more suspenseful final chase. And I get that on paper, dodging a psycho in a mine, with him smashing light bulbs with a pickaxe as he closes in on you is more terrifying than a description of the corresponding scene in The Prowler, but The Prowler always kept me more on the edge of my seat than My Bloody Valentine. Better jump scares too. Both movies have great gore, but Savini's effects aren't just aftermath shots.

3. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

Retroslashers claims proof that this is the lost film, "pitchfork massacre".

4. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

What's with all the My Bloody Valentine hate?

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Do you mean in general, because there is one post in this entire thread saying MBV is sub-par? :confused:

6. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Would that be my post? :p Like I said, I love both, but I find The Prowler to be more scary. My favourite part of the slasher was always the final chase, and The Prowler has a nice one. MBV may be slightly more novel in terms of storyline and setting, but of course, the plot structure is identical.

7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah I think The Prowler is more moody and atmospheric than My Bloody Valentine, the effects are fantastic and there are some genuinely creepy moments (the ending in particular) but I just wish the movie wasn't so BORING. It really lags in the middle. They could've worked on the pacing a bit more because it really really lags.

~Matt

8. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

I agree, I wanted to like the prowler, but I found it very boring and somewhat tedious