The Prowler

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by harbor, Sep 4, 2002.

1. harbor

harbor Guest

Anyone finding this in stores today? I only had a chance to check Sam Goody, but turned up empty.

2. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I havent looked yet, but this is the first BU title on my list to get.

3. SteveG

SteveG New Member

I have been very unsuccessful finding any Blue Underground titles in stores. I work in NYC hit all major chains, plus a Best Buy in Jersey, nothing. Every place I went claims they just didn't order any, including Best Buy they are truely starting to blow. Most stores would gladly order it for $24.99. I said fuck you and ordered online from DVD Planet $17.99.

4. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Guest

I said screw it and ordered all the Blue Underground stuff online yesterday. It shipped yesterday and I should have it tomorrow intime for the weekend, at worst Sat in time for something to watch after the Canes beat up on the Gators (In HD).

Max

5. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I don't want to change this post into a football post, but I just had to say, I guess I, too will be rooting for the Canes, though since Spurrier left, I might like Florida a little more. I, myself am a Seminole. Class of '91!!

6. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I think that the Gators are going to pull off a clutch upset, I am uncertain of what Miami is bringing to the table. I am a resident of Tallahassee and a die hard Nole.

7. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Guest

Harbor,
    Sorry for the thread fart. I will start another thread about College ball.

I am however really looking forward to seeing The Prowler this weekend and maybe if I get a chance, the Toolbox murders as well.

Will report back on them after viewing.

Guys look for a football thread in OT if you want to continue.

Max

8. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

yea so i watched this today

awesome flick. makes me wanna see Friday the 13th Part 4 uncut a whole lot more.

great murders and the killer was cool in that getup too.

only thing is that to me at least, it was soo obvious who the killer was right from the beginning. not a biggie tho.

im not a huge slasher fan at all, but i still liked this alot and id recommend everyone to pick this up!

now i shall watch The Toolbox Murders later tonight............

9. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Gotta agree with you, Def. It's a cool slasher with some juicy kills courtesy of Mr. Savini. The pitchfork in the shower kill rocked! It's a shame that Tierney was wasted in a very limited role.:( Oh, and the behind-the-scenes gore footage was a great extra. It makes me yearn for Scream Greats to be on DVD.:(

10. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

as i said in another post, i didnt find this. i found toolbox murders at suncoast but not prowler or even shockwaves.

11. rhett

rhett Administrator

A great slasher and a great DVD! The commentary is real fun, and you're right Mark, the gore footage is awesome. I think Paramount owns "Scream Greats" though, so I doubt we'll ever see it. :(

12. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

yea, it's wishful thinking...
    I used to have the VHS, but my VCR had it for lunch.

13. McBride_01

McBride_01 Guest

I have a dub of the prerecord of Scream Greats. I'd also like to see it on DVD. Prowler was a disc I was thinking of passing on, but that Tom Savini "home video" extra sounds really cool. I've seen a bootleg of Friday the 13th part 4 uncut and didn't really notice anything different besides and extra scene where Tommy uses a trick arm guillotine. Of course, being a bootleg who knows if it's truly "uncut". I'm sure MPAA took a knife to this one...

14. rhett

rhett Administrator

Ouch! Peter M. Bracke from DVDfile gave The Prowler a scathing review over here:

http://192.217.197.208/software/review/dvd-video_5/prowler.html

Which I find quite humorous considering his love for the Friday the 13th films. But I guess he also dissed the Sleepaway Camp films as well. I think the beauty of The Prowler is that the theme is so dark...

15. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

The best thing about <B>The Prowler</B> is exactly what the reviewer hated the most: it's dark, depressing atmosphere. That review reminded me of the reviews of <B>Maniac</B>. Go figure, movies about mass murder being dark! What is the world coming to?

16. Joel Groce

Joel Groce Guest

Well that's one man's opinion...

This film delivers the goods plain and simple - plenty of onscreen kills courtesy of Mr. Savini - this guy knows not of what he speaks.

17. McBride_01

McBride_01 Guest

Peter M. Bracke! What a chode! :p

18. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I popped my copy that arrived in the mail today in today just to check something on it. I'm kinda mad that they put 3 of the kills on screen before the main menu popped up. I've never seen it, and I didn't want anything spoiled for me but I guess it's not that big of a deal. It always bugs me when they do that though.

19. McBride_01

McBride_01 Guest

I can see why that would be annoying. At least it wasn't a giallo or something though. I've seen the film already, but thanks for the heads up. :)

20. AceRimRat

AceRimRat Guest

This is a real favorite of mine, so I was disappointed in the DVD File review, I usually like their stuff.

I had to order online, though, because I couldn't find the BU discs anywhere in my area. I tried about nine stores.