The Prowler

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by harbor, Sep 4, 2002.

1. where to buy "Prowler"

So far I have bought both the "Prowler" and the "Toolbox Murders" off of Borders Book Store for $20 American. "Prowler" was pretty good and I commend Blue Underground for the great transfer, must be off the original negative because its so damn sweet yet i would place my bet on the "Toolbox Murders" as being the best buy for your money. This DVD truely kicks ass and is loaded with extras. Whats so damn funny is I was about to buy it online as well but I stumbled on a copy of both and decided to buy them in one foul swoop. Thank you Blue Underground for authoring two sweet DVD's that are overlooked in this age of pixilated garbage I only hope "1000 Days and Nights in Sodom" is next!!!

2. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Just watched it...very cool slasher for the most part. Not as good as Maniac in the overall sense, or in terms of suspense/story/acting...but the kills were possibly better. It's got a great looking stalking and maintains a creepy sense of dread. I was expecting something a bit more relentless, but I was still very happy.

Excellent commentary so far.:banana:

3. shift

shift Hot as shit!

I just picked up my copy for $14.00 @ BB,, now on SALE :)

4. Hammerfan

Hammerfan Guest

THE PROWLER is one of my favorite 80s slashers. I've watched this a number of times since getting the DVD when it first came out. I highly recommend it to genre fans.

5. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

I just picked up the Blue Underground DVD last Saturday. It looks soooo nice. I'm still going to keep my VCII tape around but for nostalgia reasons only, though.

6. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Man I got this too not so long ago and loved it. Was surprised as fucking hell that this got an R rating. Is it uncut/has it always been? Or did BU just slap an R on there?

7. Cantona07

Cantona07 New Member

The Prowler for me is one of the best slasher flicks ever made. I would call it a ''love story'' in many ways if you think about it. Man has love for a women who does not love him anymore, his love for Rosemary drove him to ''express his feelings'' in a funny kinda way. Back in England it was known as Rosemary's Killer which I personally think is a better title.