The real Tanz Akademie

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Cydeous, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

Does anyone know which school was referred to by Daria Nicolodi in the 25th Anniversay AB disc? It would be cool to read about it. It would also be nice to hear the full stories about her grandmother and what she experienced.

While being on the subject, I recommend "Levana and Our Ladies of Sorrow" that was written by Thomas de Quincey. It talks about the three mother... I'm sure that you've all heard of it but it's available online so I thought I'd post the link.

www.horrormasters.com/Text/a2049.pdf

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I have no idea about the real story, but it is eerie that you posted this thread because right now I'm listening to the Suspiria soundtrack. :nervous:

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I know that the actual academy is discussed in the 2000 doc. DARIO ARGENTO: AN EYE FOR HORROR,but I can't recall if it is mentioned by name.

4. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

Thanks, I still haven't seen An Eye for Horror so I'll have to check it out.

Another interesting item: there is a novel by Fritz Leiber called "Our Lady of Darkness" and supposedly provided some inspiriation to Inferno. It's odd that I have never seen this mentioned before but I may pick it up out of curiosity. It's mentioned on this page: www.essenglish.org/zaragoza/s11word.doc.

5. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Funny this all comes up now.
    I just recently readLevana and Our Ladies of Sorrow (different link) which is a very interesting read.

The thing that confused me a bit was that I always thought that Levana was Mater Lachrymarum/Mother of Tears (in Cozzi's film I think).
    Seems she was the mother of the three sisters.So thinking a bit I figured if Argento ever completes the Three Mothers (=sisters) trilogy he has to use both Mater Lachrymarum and their mother Levana.Hell,just let 'em all turn up!

I don't know about the Tanzakademie....But the "Escherstrasse" does exist.

6. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

It is a cool essay by de Quincey. I remeber the use of Levana in the Cozzi film. Too bad it wasn't so good, though. Maybe Argento wasn't going to acknowledge Levana at all? Either way, it would be nice to have The Third Mother made.

OK, so on my next trip to Europe I will go to Freiburg and walk the entire length of Escherstrasse in hopes of finding the Tanzakademie. I'll try to avoid places where girls are running out of in terror in the middle of the night, though :)

7. You may not find the Escherstrasse, but...

[​IMG]

Haus zum Walfisch
    Franziskanerstrasse 3
    79098 Freiburg

;)

8. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

Wow! I can't believe you found that. That's pretty cool... now I really do want to go :)

9. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

That's great!
    Lets organise a trip so we all can go there!;)