The Redeemer (aka Class Reunion Massacre)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Cujo108, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I believe it's just print damage on the print used for the DVD. It seems pretty obvious during these bits that the film is jumping around, and during the bit of dialogue that's cut off, the guy starts his sentence but it cuts off midway into it. The scene with Cindy and her boyfriend at the bar was definite print damage. Watching the DVD, the film felt more disjointed than it ever did in the past due to these jumps ahead. But yeah, while the DVD has good detail, I'll be keeping my Continental VHS to watch as well. Of course, I was going to keep that anyway since I love the big box!

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Mine should hopefully get to me within the week. It sucks hearing that the print is a little jumpy though. :(

3. Marshall Crist

Marshall Crist New Member

Could somebody attempt to give me the foggy mountain breakdown on what is missing from Cindy's introduction scene on the CR DVD? I don't feel like blowing $15 on a VHS copy to find out.

4. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

If you search "Class Reunion Massacre" on Youtube,you can watch the full VHS/budget DVD version. The shotgun death loses two or so seconds of the victim dropping bloodlessly out of frame,and a lingering shot of her dead body (with extremely fake-looking FX chest wound that resembles smeared strawberry jam).As for the dialogue,I haven't checked that out.It isn't that great in this film,and losing a few seconds doesn't really bother me.

I totally spaced during a couple of scene cuts mentioned earlier,so it didn't impact my (1st) viewing experience.The shotgun cut was a little jarring, but maintained the sound FX of the gun blast at least.

5. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I always thought The Redeemer vhs was cut (with the clown of the slipcase) and the Continental Class Reunion Massacre was not. I was hoping that this wouldn't be the case for this DVD release.

6. Mytee

Mytee Guest

I remeber this movie-more specifically, that case-SCARY

7. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

I have that VHS, and that version is extremely cut! The whole death/dying scene involving one fo the male character is completely gone!