The Return Of The Killer Klowns From Outer Space In 3D

Discussion in 'General' started by Shawn Francis, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Shawn Francis

Shawn Francis New Member

BLOODY DISGUSTING: One of my all-time favorite cheesetastic '80s horror films is Stephen, Charles and Edward Chiodo's 1988 The Killer Klowns from Outer Space, which follows a clan of aliens who look like clowns that terrorize a small town.

Fansite Freddy in Space caught up with Grant Cramer, who played 'Mike Tobacco' in the original film, to chat about the long-rumored sequel. While I personally never expected good news, Cramer revealed that a sequel is in fact on the horizon. Grab your cotton candy and get ready!

"We have a script and a commitment for all our funding but the money can't be spent until we have a distribution deal in place so that's where we are – talking to distributors. As soon as that final piece comes into place we should be pretty much good to go," he told the site.

Cramer explains he's penned the script for The Return of The Killer Klowns from Outer Space in 3-D and will be producing alongside the Chiodo brothers. Stephen Chiodo will direct once again. But what will the film be about, other than alien clowns?

"Well, I don’t want to say too much about the story at this early juncture but I will say that it is connected to the first movie and my character will be the mentor to the two new young leads that have to try save the world from the Klowns when they return," Cramer reveals. "They're also trying to save themselves because the bad stuff the Klowns do at first gets blamed on them."

Check out a text-filled teaser trailer inside and then tell us what you think. Personally, I'll pre-order my ticket now if it guarantees this gets made.

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

finally long overdue

3. Shawn Francis

Shawn Francis New Member

Yes, it is.

4. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

This is a BIG suprise! Can't wait!

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Grant Cramer wrote the script!?! That is awesome.

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

We need some alien clown boobs in this one.

Sounds awesome though, it's a damned shame we never got a sequel years ago.

7. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

Perhaps MGM will step in to distribute the sequel? I mean, they could do with a cheap B-movie sequel to add some variety to their Sony co-production deals.

8. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Wait a second... The klowns return in the script and... their actions are blamed on people? This isn't Gremlins. The klowns don't (exactly) swoop in, damage property, and then run off somewhere to hide. I know Dave in the original suspected Mike at one point but, seriously, this has become a really bad recurring theme in horror films of the last decade from Darkness Falls to Cry Wolf to Dead Silence, to name a few. It's always irritating. It's never amusing or interesting.

Anyway, if they can assure us this won't take over the new movie- I'll count myself excited as well. SO LONG as we also know there will be a bare minimum of CGI and that the music score will stay true to the spirit of the original film. If they turn this into some fucking nu-metal shitfest or put in a bunch of industrial factory sound effects, I'm OUT. The original is my favorite film of all-time and part of the reason a film like this should even be considered is that it sticks to the ORIGINAL and everything that made that film great.

9. Zombie Keeper

Zombie Keeper New Member

Should be a lot of fun.

10. Nailwraps

11. Salon Girl

Salon Girl New Member

12. Chunkblower

Chunkblower Member

Grant Cramer is an ICON.

SO excited.

13. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

LOL... a requel and a trilogy in four parts...

14. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

Count me excited!!!

15. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Hell yes. Too bad that chances of it getting a wide theater release is slim.

16. shockwave

shockwave New Member

Yes please.

17. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I really hope they make sure to make this scary. Or at least make the characters likable in an innocent way.

18. Nailwraps

After a year wait, news on the sequel has resurfaced!:

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/h...-killer-klowns-star-talks-the-upcoming-sequel

"The many fans of the Chiodo Brothers’ kult klassic KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE are anxiously awaiting the movie’s Blu-ray debut next week (see details here), and they have even more reason for rejoicing; the long-awaited sequel (and perhaps more than one) is close to happening, as Fango learned from original star Grant Cramer.

Speaking to us at last weekend’s Horrorfind convention in Pennsylvania, Cramer, who played Mike Tobacco in KILLER KLOWNS, says that he’s stayed in touch with Stephen, Charles and Edward Chiodo over the years since that film. “Then we got together over the past several years and pounded out a story for a sequel that we’ve got in the works, called THE RETURN OF THE KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE IN 3D,” he tells Fango. “We’re working out a few details, but Charlie’s done all the artwork. It’s been a lot of fun working with the Chiodos, because they literally still have the same dynamic between them that they probably had in their backyard, in the garage, when they were 12 years old.”

RETURN OF THE KILLER KLOWNS will see Cramer reprising the Tobacco role in a story set 25 years after the original. “The idea is that there may be multiple sequels, and in each one, there’ll be one character [from the first movie] who carries over. So we’ll pick up where each of them has ended up in some new small town, and happen to be there when the Klown stuff happens again. My character ended up being the first one, and I think it was one of the Chiodos who came up with the idea that everybody thinks Mike Tobacco is crazy. He’s kind of the town drunk/derelict who’s always mumbling about the Klowns coming back, and everybody thinks I’m nuts, because I’m sure they’re going to return to attack the world again.

“And of course, when it happens, I have been planning for them to come back,” Cramer continues, “so I end up being the mentor to these two young street performers whose car breaks down, and they end up in the small town of Kismet. It’s another town up in the mountains, and now all the fun begins again, except when they get into trouble, Mike comes up and teaches them the history of the Klowns and how to fight back against them. He’s somewhere between the energy of Kris Kristofferson’s character in BLADE and Christopher Lloyd’s character in BACK TO THE FUTURE. He’s a little high-strung [laughs].” We can’t wait, and will keep you posted on further KLOWNS developments."

19. thing

thing Well-Known Member

20. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I believe it when I see it ;)