The Roommate (2011)

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by Anthropophagus, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Went to see this today and had low expectations that were pretty much met. I found it anemic, dull and tedious at times, it seemed more like a teen drama that you'd see on television than an actual film.
    The interactions between the main characters were unbelievable and unrealistic to the point of being laughable.
    There were long sequences were it seemed like nothing was happening and I kept waiting for the action to build but there really was no suspense to speak of.
    It's very much a watered down version of films like Single White Female, Swimfan, The Crush and The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, all of which were far superior. It really offers nothing new to the genre and was quite derivative.
    The only bright spot was Minka Kelly who can really light up the screen, incredibly beautiful and charismatic.
    It might be worth a rental in my opinion, but don't expect much.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  2. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Looked pretty generic.
    What was the name of that near remake of FATAL ATTRACTION that was out about a year ago ? Are all the thrillers of the 80's-early 90's gonna be reworked with younger,hotter leads ? Can we look forward to a remake of BASIC INSTINCT with the cast of GLEE ?

3. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

I'm not sure Sue Sylvester would be better in Michael Douglas' role or Sharon Stone's, but that would have potential to be a classic either way!

4. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Okay,I'm convinced,lets greenlight this sucker !