The Slumber Party Massacre Series

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by rhett, Jun 12, 2003.

1. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

any one have a pic of this? Is this the opening credits or the cover art. The cover art replaces the old spm font with a basic one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Latency

Latency Guest

It's about freaking time some one did a review of the SCREAM box set. For some reason I had a feeling that if anyone would do a review of it, it would be you. Props man :)

3. rhett

rhett Administrator

:lol: Well, I'm probably the only one who actually liked the series. ;)

4. Rock

Rock Member

r_burgos2003: both of those are NOT from the original opening title sequence...the first of your pics above shows the replacement title Embassy used when they released the movie on VHS.

5. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

got a pic?

6. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I loved the 1st one.
    The 2nd one sucked donkey balls.
    The 3rd one was pretty good, I did enjoy it. :)

Hey, at least this series is better than the Sorority House Massacre series. The first two sucked! I've yet to see Hard To Die, though.

7. Rock

Rock Member

No, I wish I did...TSPM was shown on The Movie Channel way back in 1984 or '85 with its original opening...wonder if Amy Jones and/or Rita Mae Brown ever read these forums? They might be the only ones who have an original negative lying around somewhere...

8. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

The Movie Channel still owns it....I'm sure of it. but each channel gets its own timelimit, so they could only play it like 15 times a month for 6 months, they either have the choice to renew their license or to give it back. I think they probably gave it back. Bad move since Neilson went OOP a while ago. I think. They were somehow tied with Orion.

9. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

Hey, I have an old dubbed copy of Slumber Party Massacre , with the original opening sequence. I thought I was the only one who noticed this small change, and if you ask me, the original was funnier.I even posted a Nitpick for this at the Nitpickers website, and I got totally shot down, like I made it up or something!

10. Tawny

I just watched Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl a Rama, which I enjoyed , but one thing kinda bothered me.As I was relishing all of the B horror movie actors,It took me until mid-movie to recognize Robin Rochelle (aka Robin Stille from Slumber Party Massacre). So I watched SPM afterwards, and came to the conclusion she must have had a nose/boob job.(I'm sure you guys know she killed herself in the mid nineties right?)

11. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Was she the lead girl? The one in the beginning?

Awwww. It's too bad she killed herself. :cry:

12. Tawny

I can't remember her character's name,but she was the pretty one with the little sister.

my dvd's

13. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Valarie Bates.

14. Rock

Rock Member

You gotta be kidding me?! That is so sad, she was gorgeous...how did you find out about this, Tawny27?

I'm so glad someone else out there knows about the original opening...thanks for the info!

15. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

It wasnt a huge thing (for some reason) but Robin Stille killed herself. I heard something about depression.

16. Tawny

I think she shot herself:cry:

17. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

She shot herself, but she was depressed around that time.

18. Rock

Rock Member

Very very sad...will not be able to enjoy SPM the same way again, it has always been a guilty pleasure of mine...makes me want to check out SORORITY BABES just to see her in it...

19. Tawny

You definitely should check out Sorority Babes.It's like a horror movie reunion, you recognize everyone from a different movie.Plus it has Linnea Quigley, and Buck Flower aka "The Bum".Definitely one of my favorite character actors:lol:

20. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Well this is terrible. I wish I hadn't read this at all, although I appreciate the update from you. I liked her a lot in that movie, I liked to think of her as a tough chick of sorts. :cry: