The Testament of Dr. Mabuse from Criterion, May-ish

Discussion in 'Classic' started by mutleyhyde, Feb 28, 2004.

1. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

[​IMG]
    Click it!

YES! I've been wanting the follow up to Dr. Mabuse der Spieler (a.k.a., Dr, Mabuse the Gambler. See below, and order it now!) ever since that one came out on Image DVD. 1933 Fritz Lang film continuing the exploits of the mad criminal mastermind, this one is sure to please a few around here! :banana:

If you haven't already, buy this now... buyyyy thisssss nowwww......

[​IMG]

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I was very happen what I read about this on a chat log over at digitalbits. It's about damn time Criterion got their hands on some Fritz Lang.

3. mgfred

mgfred Guest

So this will be different than the one Allday included as a supplement on their "Testament" DVD?

"The Crimes of Dr. Mabuse" the 90 minute English-dubbed alternate version of Fritz Lang's 1932 original.

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yes, that was an English dub of the German version. The Criterion version will include the German language subtitled in English and the French alternate version Lang also shot.

I'd also assume that it'll also be a higher quality transfer.

5. gusse

gusse New Member

I recently saw this movie in my filmschool. I had high anticipations for it and I have to admit that it left me a bit let down. Not that I found it bad or anything, it's just that I hoped it would be as good as the other Lang movies I have seen ("m", "metropolis", "the big heat"). It's a good movie, very important movie from a historic viewpoint - but I didnt find it as entertaining as the other movies. Still it's nice to see that Criterion is going to release a proper DVD of it!