The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) Anticipation/Reviews/Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by rhett, Oct 1, 2003.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Well guys and gals, it is only a few short weeks until we get to see the new TCM, and if the words of David Polland are any indicator, it looks like it will be worth the wait:

http://www.thehotbutton.com/today/hot.button/2003_thb/030926_fri.html

I am excited. The trailer looks solid, and the way it seems to homage the original (right down to the Laroquette narration) should make for a respectible remake.

2. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Yup, my thoughts exactly.

3. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

The buzz is back! (again)

I was against this remake at the beginning, but the trailer and TV spots were very enticing. (Morbid curiosity?) Larroquette's narration on those TV spots was a nice touch. Will this remake surpass the original? It's very doubtful, but it might be an entertaining one. Will the tasty Jessica Biel have the same "vocal range" as Marilyn Burns?;) We'll soon find out...

4. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Im pretty jazzed about this too. Getting Larroquette to do the commercials is way too cool. It's hard to believe that the man who played hysterically horny Dan Fielding is the ultra grim voice for TCM. Even if the movie sucks I will give it credit for having a kick ass trailer.
    It looks like the new film will explore the house a little bit more which I think could be pretty cool. I just hope it doesnt suck because I will be there opening night. :D

5. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I'm going to see it. It looks like it might be half decent and the Dawn teaser is supposed to be before it.:D

6. y2doublet

y2doublet Toxic Crusader

I'm surprised certain individuals haven't flamed this thread into pieces by now. Last time I mentioned the remake and the potential of getting TCM3 on DVD to cash in on the franchise (which came true), I got a fricking death threat just for mentioning its name. But I guess some people are just that fickle. Anyhow, yeah, I can see it being worth catching in the theater if it's anything like the classic it's "reimagining".

7. bslayer619

bslayer619 Guest

I'll definitely have to buy the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. And there sequels. I've seen only the first 3. Didn't really like part 2. 3 was interesting at the most. And part one was of course the grandaddy of almost all horror movies that soon followed. Tobe Hopper pushed the buttons right. I hope to see this one to do lot more things. Can't wait. I'm going to see this when it comes out the first day of course:)

8. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

A death threat over a movie?!?!:eek2: I'm passionate about movies too, but damn...

9. ReNeGaDe

ReNeGaDe Guest

i am definetly seeing this on the first day, on the first showeing so no kids are in there.. i am definetly going to enjoy this movie without little pricks screaming

10. I have to admit that at first I did not have a lot of interest in seeing this, but as it gets closer and I hear more about it, I am actually finding myself becoming pretty darn interested in it. At this rate I will most likely end up seeing it in the theater instead of waiting for the DVD release.

11. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Agreed. I thought it was a bad idea, and still do. But from all accounts, it does seem like it's going to be a decent movie. Of course, I'll reserve all judgement until I actually SEE the damn thing.

I'll admit though, that part of me hope it does suck, and maybe we can stem the tide of the remakes. Even if it's good, it doesn't mean that every classic horror movie should be remade.

12. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

I for one can't wait for this - and I love the original. Actually, I just watched the original a few days ago and then the "Shocking Truth" documentary (which is terrific, btw), and was reminded of how utterly relentless it is. After the big chase starts, there is hardly a moment where we're allowed to breathe and by the end you're completely exhausted.

I don't know if the remake will recapture the intensity, but I'd sure like to see them try!

13. John

John Guest

I hit the TCM world premiere last Saturday (along with the world premiere of School of Rock).

All will be detailed in a little synopsis I sent Dave to post for the site. :)

14. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

I'm not really excited about it. I used to be, but the more praise it gets, the more i'm reminded of Freddy vs. Jason... I have some Loews gift certificates that i'm going to use on Intolerable Cruelty and maybe the Rundown. If it goes to the relatively cheap theater, i might give it a look, though.

15. Alien Redrum

Alien Redrum New Member

Right on.

Add me to the list of those getting excited over this remake. When I first heard about it I was ho-hum. I didn't care one way or the other. But as the opening date gets closer, I'm going to be all over it.

16. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

When I first heard about this remake, I wanted to see it although I didn't hold any high hopes. Now, I'm beginning to think this may not be so bad, after seeing the trailer online and before Freddy Vs. Jason, and after reading a synopsis at IMDB. I'm definitely going. :)

17. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I guess I should be happy about a new horror movie and the fact its a remake of a great movie and that it will probably be better than the Dawn Of The Dead remake, but I'm not.:(

18. y2doublet

y2doublet Toxic Crusader

Here's a little quote from our good friend ReNeGaDe from this thread, http://horrordvds.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6850&highlight=different+perspective, about the remake that I started last year :

"Bitch! That dont make no sense

I rip out yo weeve.. punk ass"

Gu-huh? You don't say, buddy?

And a quote from today's eminent thread:

"i am definetly seeing this on the first day, on the first showeing so no kids are in there.. i am definetly going to enjoy this movie without little pricks screaming"

At least his good grammar is still intact.

19. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

:lol: That's hilarious man! That has signature theme written all over it. ;)

20. y2doublet

y2doublet Toxic Crusader

Thanks! Who said I couldn't hold a petty grudge for over a year? ;) On a more related note, I also recommend everybody to check out the "Shocking Truth"-documentary on TCM. It's a fantastic summary on the making of the classic, and to an extent its less classic sequels, and the phenomena it became.