The Toolbox Murders Remake

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbilly, Dec 31, 2003.

1. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Eh, the girl's fine. Let's leave her be. ;)

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I agree, no one should ever insult Angela Bettis. Ever.

3. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Dude, I've seen a picture of you, you could smuggle her through customs in your butt crack ;)

4. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

:fuck: :fuck:

5. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

I don't see a picture of you on here anywhere Fabio.;)

6. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

:lol:

7. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I think this whole thing about Angela Bettis being too thin is a joke. And I read the comment posted earlier about "it's never okay for a guy to be thin"...It's times like this that I really really wish I was straight, because I'm all but exiled from social activity in the gay world because I'm overweight. If Ms. Bettis does indeed have some kind of weight issue, it probably stems from some kind of bullshit she endured while being overweight (even if she really wasn't but THOUGHT she wsa) and decided that never again would she put up with it. I am going on 5 days without food because I'm trying to starve myself to the point where my body starts eating itself...I really hope that I can get to the point where my ribs show and I look sickly...Then people might fucking leave me alone about it...

8. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Folks love to nitpick people based on superficial reasons, so don't bet on it. Then they will start making cracks about how much you need to eat and how sick and dead you look. Your best bet is to live a healthy life and to find a way to be happy with yourself. Starving yourself isn't going to help anything. That's self hate personified. If you hate yourself, it is way too easy for others to just agree with you.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2005
  9. MrKateB

true...you just can't win...Especially when dealing with a bunch of superficial assholes that seem to make up the brunt of gay society.

10. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

--I really hope that I can get to the point where my ribs show and I look sickly...Then people might fucking leave me alone about it...--

Gotta tell ya, reading that I just want to buy you a burger.

People dislike you because of the school you want to, something your siblings did, what you eat, what you don't eat, what you wear, how your hair looks, the brand of shoes you buy, a post you made on a message board, because you have tickets toa show and they don't, because of your friends, because one of their friends don't like you and told them not to, lies, assumptions, your job, the noise you make in your apartment/house, that one time you accidently passed gas in church, your accent, your ideas, a word you used in error, the way you walk, the clubs you like to go too, a pet you own, because of a book you like and someone else doesn't, because of your political views, because they're homophobes, and because they're so immature they have no perspective in life and the things they do.

And with all that, you're starving yourself to fit in with them. Personally, I'm a pretty busy guy - even if I'm just having fun - and really, I don't have time to hate people. Oh sure, there's a select group, but let's say, they're disliked, and I put them on DELETE. I'm not going to think about hos much I dislike them, because that just eats you from the inside.

For you, dear Mr.KateB - I say, go and super size the motherfucker, and get a healthy lifestyle tomorrow.

11. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Well put, dwatts.

MrKate: You have to either love yourself the way that you are now or change yourself into something that you can be comfortable with--without killing yourself. I was the one who wrote about how unacceptable it is for a male to be skinny, and compared to how females are expected to be thin, it's true. I grew up so skinny that I was made fun of, called names, and pretty much hated by my classmates. It was the 80s, so references to Ethiopia and AIDS were a daily nuisance.
    I remained morbidly thin up until about age 30, after working out and eating huge amounts of food for almost 10 years. It was a long, hard road and I still am nowhere near what I had hoped for when I began but, in a way, I love myself. Much more than I ever would have had I not even tried. I do my best and that is enough for me. After much self-hatred I realized that it HAS TO BE enough.
    My point is this: There is a LOT of pressure in this world (I'm gay too, so I totally understand your hatred for the cruel high school mentality that seems so common among our people) to be "perfect" and it's easy to become overwhelmed with it all. But you have to step back, look at yourself, and decide if you really give a shit what people say/think or whether or not your size is affecting your health.
    Maybe you just want to lose/gain 10 pounds; nothing most people would notice but just enough for you to feel comfortable with. Great! But be careful and don't let yourself get obsessed with it.
    I could go on and on...but I already sound like a fucking talk show guest. Urgh. If you want to talk to someone, PM me and I'll be more than happy to chat with you; I don't want to waste the forum space (what was this thread about again?!). Just don't do anything unhealthy.

Sorry for the rant, everyone.

12. MrKateB

Thanks Myron and Dwatts....And I'm sorry to all, I really didn't mean to shift the focus from Toolbox to my petty crap. You'd think after all these years I'd know better than to put in some annoying remark and not cause grief....

As you were, discussing tools, the boxes they are kept in, Angela Bettis etc.

13. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

-- I really didn't mean to shift the focus from Toolbox to my petty crap--

Trust me on this - "petty crap" describes just about everything you need to know regarding The Toolbox Murders reimagining :D

Who'd have thought it would turn the original into a masterpiece?!?!

14. onebyone

onebyone Guest

It was off the rails before your comment, so don't blame yourself. No reason to apologize at all.

15. MrKateB

Yes...well....I've seen the "reimagined" version, and I have not seen the original, so I have no basis to compare...I found the new version somewhat good, it did keep my interest if only because I used to live in L.A. for a brief period in the early 90's, and the scenery was very familiar and cool to me....It had a few good moments, some good horror scenes and what not, but the lead character was SO DAMN DUMB I found it difficult to be forgiving, in fact I had that problem with a lot of characters....

Also, as of several years ago, I've really had it with the "quirky for quirkiness' sake" movies, where all the characters are oh so colorful and whimsical.. Come to think of it, maybe I didn't find it all that good after all. NEXT! :)

16. Rock

Rock Member

Finally caught TOOLBOX on TMC just now and have to add my 50 cents...it's about fuckin' time Hooper made something scary again...it is by far the BEST thing he's done since THE FUNHOUSE...and heroin-thin or not, Angela Bettis was excellent...the last ten minutes was so intense, I can forgive the "Oh shit, he's still alive" ending...sometimes I just don't understand you guys here...you fall all over yourselves drooling for some piece of shit like THE CHILDREN, but this one registers barely a few sniffs...

17. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Sorry mate, didn't feel any intensity at all, not were there any scares.... other than..... oh forget it :D

18. MrKateB

Well, I liked it well enough, AND I'm drooling and waiting for the piece of shit known as "The Children" too. I guess I'm fairly easy to please.

19. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Ummm what the hell is "The Children"?

20. MrKateB

"The Children" is a little movie that came out in 1980 that has children on a school bus passing through a radiation cloud that turns them into little zombie like things that have black fingernails. As they wander through town, various adults (mostly their family members, but also "concerned townsfolk") run up to them and hug them and get themselves burned to a crisp.

The movie is inane, but has some rather choice bad dialogue, pretty terrible acting, but some pretty damn disgusting effects on the burn victims....

Someone even turned it into an off broadway musical, "The Children of Ravensback"...