The Una O'Connor Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic' started by RyanPC, Apr 8, 2006.

1. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

[​IMG]

I tried searching for any posts about her on this forum and came up with nothing. How can this be? Una O'Connor was one of the funniest actresses from the Golden Age of Cinema and I feel that she needs some mention on this board. Most of you probably remember her from The Bride of Frankenstein or The Invisible Man, but she had a long career as a character actress--as you can see here--until her death in 1959.

Anyone else a fan?

2. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

After seeing her credits, I can honestly say that the two you mentioned are the only ones I have seen but I thoroughly enjoyed her in both. And that picture you posted??? Awesome.

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Actually, those are the only two of her credits that I've seen as well. But I still think she was amazing! :D

4. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

Yes, I'm a fan I've seen several of her films and have walked past her family home, or perhaps where her family home was.

5. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Awesome! If you go by there again, you should take a pic for us. :D

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

What a dull thread - time to spice it up :D

I have not seen enough of her work to really discern her abilities. However, I could well have done without her in Bride of Frankenstein. Mainly because the humor in that one has always rubbed me the wrong way. The shriek at the start of the film is just nasty.

Don't know if I'll ever seek out her other films, they don't seem to be my kind of thing...

7. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

It's in an area of the city I don't much care for, and I am lacking in a camera. But if the right circumstances do arise I shall take a picture for you.

8. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Her performance was always one of my favorite aspects of The Bride of Frankenstein. :lol:

9. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Oh - it's about the last ten minutes for me ;)