The Uninvited - Panik House DVD

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by ReelFear, Jun 2, 2006.

1. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

just released on Panik House DVD is THE UNINVITED. This Korean horror film is much more character driven than most of the recent scarefests. some people have gone as far as to call this a drama instead. THE UNINVITED boasts excellent photography, sound design, acting, and includes a couple of absolutely shocking moments. Be prepared for a slow moving and somewhat confusing story. I watched the movie, I could tell you what action occured on screen, but I admit I was left feeling unsure what the whole point was. Maybe you're not supposed to get it all. I don't know. The running time on the DVD case states 97 minutes when in fact the actual running time is 127 minutes! includes plenty of extras too. This is a tough movie to recommend to all K-horror fans, but if you've got the time and patience, you may be rewarded. 7.5/10

2. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I've owned the R3 for a couple of years now and agree that if you like deliberately paced smart films you should give it a try.

3. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I'll probably snatch this up. I've been buying just about everything Panik House has put out and this looked better than the recent Sex is Zero so I'll give it a shot.

4. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

I'm looking forward to this one.

5. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

When I first watched this movie, I wasn't sure that I liked it. I guess it's because I was expecting a horror movie, and it's not really a horror movie. But over time, I found myself thinking about this film. And the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. There are so many movies that don't leave any lasting impression. But this one did. Because of that, I'd recommend it, but not as a horror movie.