The Urotsukidoji Saga: Hell on Earth

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by KR~!, Aug 12, 2004.

1. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Does anyone have this boxset?

Plot: This DVD boxed set includes the entire Urotsukidoji Saga: Legend of the Overfiend, Legend of the Demon Womb, Return of the Overfiend, and Inferno Road!

Overview: From the creator of La Blue Girl, Nightmare Campus and Demon Warrior Koji!
    This DVD boxed set includes the entire Urotsukidoji Saga: Legend of the Overfiend, Legend of the Demon Womb, Return of the Overfiend, and Inferno Road! Every 3,000 years, the Overfiend is reborn. Dimensions collapse, and the Earth is transformed into a realm of lust, carnage, and supernatural forces! Now, an epic battle unfolds between the reigning Overfiend, the enslaved demon beasts, and all humanity!

This 4-disc box set includes:

Legend Of The Overfiend
    Legend Of The Demon Womb
    Return Of The Overfiend
    Inferno Road
    (click any of the above titles for details)

Running Time: 540 mins. (approx.)

2. Atmims

Atmims Guest

I used to own it. I didn't like "Return of the Overfiend" and "Inferno Road" too much so I sold the set and just got the Urotsukidoji: Perfect Collection which is the first 5 Urotsukidoji OVAs... See, 'Legend of the Overfiend' and 'Legend of the Demon Womb' included in the boxset are the first 5 Urotuskidoji OVAs trimmed down into movie format.

3. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

so is Return Of The Overfiend. The OVA has TONS more stuff. Like the infamous guy with the metal penis that has blades on it.

Sadly the OVA was also burred like crazy, for all the sex scenes. I belive there is a Box set just for that one. I didn't like the movie version.

Inferno Road was a movie and was never a OVA.

4. Atmims

Atmims Guest

The Hell on Earth box set I owned had the spiked penis in it scene. I remember because that might have been the only worthwhile scene in the entire 3+ hour runtime. Terrible anime. Inferno Road was even worse.
    IMO, the only way to go is the Urotsukidoji Perfect Collection. It has the first 5 OVAs, uncut, in Japanese with English subs. Even then I'm only a fan of the first three OVAs (collectively titled 'Legend of the Overfiend')