The Video Dead on DVD in Oct!?

Discussion in 'General' started by chrismac87, Jul 21, 2009.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

^ I watched it on Netflix while visiting family and the HD transfer was gorgeous. They need to release it on blu-ray, it is a shame they have these HD transfers of Video Dead, The Immortalizer, The Resurrected, TerrorVision,Spellbinder, and Blood Games held hostage exclusively for Netflix subscribers.

Actually, The Resurrected didn't look so great, but considering it is HD and widescreen it was a hell of a step-up from the DVD. And I didn't get to watch Blood Games in HD (I have it on VHS), so I can't comment on that transfer either. Hopefully it wasn't in fullscreen HD like Rockula.

They're not going to bother putting together supplements for these, I think they should considering maybe a double feature blu-ray? The transfers probably aren't bigger than 25GB a piece, so compression shouldn't be an issue. The Video Dead and TerrorVision would be perfect together.

2. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I agree & I think that would be a pretty cool pairing on Blu. I'd buy it...

3. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

It took 4 years, but THE VIDEO DEAD is finally coming out to DVD via Scream Factory in 2013!

Thank you for everyone who supported the campaign, who let their voices be heard and helped me get the word out there. Without any of you, this wouldn't have been possible. :)

Thanks all! And to the nay sayers, I have only one thing to say; :fuck:

4. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

haha, but I hear your copy will be a cut VHS EP speed rip while we all get 1:85:1 pristine transfers :D

5. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

2013...??? Oh, well. I'll have my hands full anyway just trying to save up for Secret Beyond the Door (I have never been this broke before, so yeah finding a spare $18-20 will be a milestone).

Now, if only some kind studio would get started on the apparent million-year march it's going to take to get The Borrower on DVD and Possession (1981) re-released.

6. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

You miust be pretty happy right now chrismac87. I know I am. :)

7. nateynate87

nateynate87 New Member

Very happy to see this finally get released, and by someone who actually cares about these movies!

I doubt anyone is as happy as you though

Gotta ask though, what the hell are you going to do now? Lol

8. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

The same thing I do every night Pinky...try and take over the world!

9. Korngold

Korngold New Member

I have to revive this thread because I got netflix recently and watched this film!

I have to be honest: I thought it was okay. The zombies looked great for such a low budget film and the premise was good, but I felt the film faltered on the acting and atmosphere. I'd love to see the film inside the film though.

If you've seen 976-Evil 2 and the It's a wonderful life/Night of the Living Dead death scene I thought that film pulled off the idea slightly better.

Still I'm happy it's getting released and hope more of these gems get released.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  10. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Agreed. But, again (whenever I praise Video Dead, I relate it directly to this film) I don't remember Night of the Creeps having any real atmosphere most of the time either. And people go nuts over that film. And I don't agree about the acting, at all. This cast was FUN. And, as something like John Carpenter's The Thing proves- people just need to like the cast.

But, I really like 976-Evil 2. So...

11. Korngold

Korngold New Member

I liked 976-Evil 2 as well. You can also use the Ring as an example. Like I said I just thought the pacing and atmosphere could have been faster/darker. I did get that feeling earlier on when we first see the tv, movie, and first kill. Yet I felt the film lost it by later on.

I will give this film props for killing the male lead and his girlfriend. Also Zoe trying to deal with the insanity around her when the zombies return reminded me a lot of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I'd love to see Zombie Blood Nightmare though. When the lead zombie turns around... that was pretty damn scary.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  12. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

For all the UK Video Dead fans, MGM HD are showing TVD over the Halloween week. Tonight it's on at 1.45am. It is being show in the daylight hours as well ;)

13. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  14. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member