The Violent Kind (2011)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Mutilated Prey, May 5, 2012.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I searched the threads a few different times and couldn't find one on this - figured it deserved one. Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Just watched The Violent Kind by the Butcher Brothers and thought it was much better than all the crappy reviews I've read. Maybe all the under-hype helped me to enjoy it more. It's a different kind of horror for sure which I found pretty entertaining. Lots of gore, a new spin on a somewhat familiar premise and very good acting in my opinion. There's a scene where one of the girl's looks very much like the possessed Linda from Evil Dead - kinda cool actually. It probably won't happen, but a sequel might even be welcome.

You can find used Blu's for pretty cheap, and I grabbed one "Brand New" on eBay for $5.50 - well worth it.

[​IMG]

2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

This is available on Netflix streaming for anyone interested. I haven't watched it yet but will give it a try.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I loved The Hamiltons and was so excited to see this, so I bought it right away when it was released. I watched it and I wasn't sure what to make of it, it definitely wasn't what I was expecting. I think it'll take a second viewing before I decide how I feel about it.

4. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Yeah I enjoyed this on as well. I'll be picking up the blu-ray soon.