The Visitor and Nekromantic from Arrow!!!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, May 29, 2014.

1. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Fuck me, can't believe it, there are some films I NEVER expected to be released in the UK let alone released uncut and that was nekromantik, it will be strange seeing it on the shelves of the local HMV, I will be interested to see the cover art!!

2. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

I reckon they'll play it reasonably safe, with the original art on the reverse....

3. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Announcement for The Visitor!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=14849

"The Visitor

You may think you ve seen it all, but NOTHING can prepare you for The Visitor! The ultimate excursion into B-movie madness, this 1979 cinematic oddity from schlock producer extraordinaire Ovidio G. Assonitis, director of such deliciously guilty pleasures as Beyond the Door and Tentacles, brings together an extraordinary ensemble cast in a mind-bending tale of a girl and her pet hawk.

At first glance, Katy Collins is just like any other normal 8-year-old girl but appearances can dangerously deceptive. As it turns out, Katy is the Earthly incarnation of an ancient evil by the name of Sateen an intergalactic supernatural entity who was vanquished many light years ago. Katy possesses tremendous powers making her capable of great destruction powers which some are keen to eradicate, and some to harness...

A veritable cult phenomenon thanks to its recent re-discovery, The Visitor combines stunning imagery, incredible set-pieces alongside a truly jaw-dropping cast list which includes John Huston, Mel Ferrer, Shelley Winters and Franco Nero appearing as Jesus.

Special Features: • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the feature, transferred from original film elements
    • Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
    •Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    •Interview with Star Lance Henriksen
    •Interview with Screenwriter Lou Comici
    •Interview with Cinematographer Ennio Guarnieri
    •Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Erik Buckman
    •Collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film and more!"

4. Franco

Franco Weekender

I'd like to get The Visitor but wonder about what will be the picture quality of this transfer...

5. Paul_s

Paul_s Member

Arrow artwork for The Visitor looks a bit crappy... I guess the proof of the pudding is in the transfer though.

6. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Nekromantik [Limited Edition Dual Format + OST]

[​IMG]

Release Date: 24th November 2014
    Format: Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD + OST

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
    - Limited Edition (3000 copies) featuring exclusive new artwork by Gilles Vranckx
    - New High Definition Digital Transfer approved by writer-director Jörg Buttgereit
    - High Definition Bluray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
    - Original Stereo audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
    - Optional English subtitles
    - Audio Commentary with Buttgereit and co-writer Franz Rodenkirchen
    - The Making of Nekromantik – featurette comprising behind the scenes footage shot in Super 8, transferred in HD
    - Buttgereit 10th Anniversary Interview
    - Hot Love (40 mins) – a 1985 short film by Buttgereit featuring Daktari Lorenz
    - Complete collection of Jörg Buttgereit film trailers (Nekromantik, Der Todesking, Nekromantik 2, Schramm)
    - Extensive collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Graham Rae, David Kerekes, author of Sex Murder Art: The Films of Jörg Buttgereit, and much more, all illustrated with original archive stills and posters
    - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD
    + MUCH MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nekromantik...F8&qid=1411674354&sr=1-2&keywords=nekromantik

7. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Cancelled my pre-order for the Cult Epics BD...in for the Arrow release and soundtrack.