The Warriors 1979

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by vidjunkie, Aug 23, 2014.

1. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

Bump. Okay so the site itself has gone, due to some pretty fucked up shit. But anyways, did anyone manage to get this Warriors Bluray ???

2. scarface28

scarface28 New Member

Was never on the site as far as I am aware, Dark Jedi is still looking for a home for it.

3. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

All updates will be in the Team Blu section here, this will be going up very soon, we have a Home.

I will answer no questions here.

Deathcab6366 likes this.
  4. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Glad to hear, Vidjunkie. Can't wait.

On that note, I checked out the extras of the Warriors disc and was very impressed. The footage from the Rockstar game makes me want to go back and play it. I do still have my PS2 hooked up.

Also love the soundtrack with the explanation marking where in the movie the songs play.

The DOC NYC interview was informative. I was wondering, "Is that Jim Carey on stage?" Then, not realizing it was on the disc, discovering the actual movie for the Rubble Kings was on it. We were like, OMG the whole doc is actually on this!! I did not realize that the Warriors movie was actually rather true to the real day Bronx at the time. Dear god, it must have been crazy to live there at that time.

I totally love the comics. Great extra.

The menu itself looks great and maintains the visual continuity of the original theatrical version. One thing amiss is that when I am looking through the comic, for example, I found that I could not opt to go back to the main menu until I was done or quit playback. Was playing this on my PS3. This is hardly a big issue, but a consideration for future releases.

There's tons more, but everyone else will have to check it out for themselves. It is ridiculous how remarkable this release is. The movie itself is just stellar in terms of a/v. I love how crisp it is but it does not look like it was brightened or filter in some way. It is not only the look, but the feel that matters and Vidjunkie gets this as evidenced with all his releases.

Please keep us posted on your new home Vidjunkie!! Your work is second to no one. Thank for your efforts on these movies.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah not seeing that section here on the site...

6. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Me neither....

Edit: nvm found it :)

~Matt

7. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

LOL glad you found it, announcement coming soon, like real soon lol.

8. Zombie Dude

9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

http://thewarriorsreunion.com/conclave/

"The Evening With Walter Hill
    is more then just a FREE Movie Screening this is the FIRST TIME in 38 years the entire cast is on stage together.
    Swan-Ajax-Cleon-Fox-Vermin-Snow-Cochise & Cowboy along with our Warchief Walter Hill & Lawrence Gordon.

I have gotten so many phone calls from LA (Hollywood) and the Press in NY and this is not only something that no one thought possible but NOW we have the incredible Director JM Kenny (Mallrats-An Evening with Kevin Smith-Academy of Superheroes) coming to turn this into the ULTIMATE Fan Expierence.

September 15th 2016: You are going to see Rolling Stone host The Red Carpet with Carlos Ferra (Gears Of War) to the Free Screening HIGH DEFINITION SURROUND SOUND to YOU having a direct conversation with the cast. Chris Hill (Son Of Cyrus) is going to open the show with the Riffs asking us “Can You Dig It” !!!!
    You Can Be There…FREE with the purchase of a three day pass or premium seats are still available at the links below and PLEASE Remember THAT WE ARE FILMING THIS for the Ultimate Blu Ray Christmas release."

Interesting, no? lol

buck135 and zbinks like this.
  10. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

It obviously got finished. Anyone here ever managed to get a copy ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/The-Warr...988068?hash=item2838e167a4:g:lfYAAOSwRXRZPNHd

"This is an out of print or a previously unavailable on Blu-Ray title that has been manufactured "On Demand" by our group that has the rights from the studio to release our custom set using Recordable, not Pressed, media. This does not make it a bootleg. All of our releases are licensed as On Demand titles. "On Demand" is how movies of this type are made available other than a digital file or streaming. The quality is a True HD restoration of the film in question along with as many bonus features as could be included."

11. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Zombie Dude likes this.
  12. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

That's funny. The blu-ray being sold there was created by TeamBlu. One of their members, vidjunkie, used to post here and on blu-ray.com. The blu-ray is certainly a bootleg or fan edit (which ever you prefer). I do own the blu-ray and it is quite extrordinary as all of Teamblu's projects are. Whether it's worth $30 or not is up to you depending on your view on bootlegs, BD-R's and how much you love the film. Paramount hasn't and probably will not release the theatrical version on blu-ray...ever.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  13. Zombie Dude

I'd be very surprised if he actually has rights from the studio to release these bootlegs. I think I smell lies...
    He does good work, sure, but if he's going to sell these non-official editions then I do think they should cost no more than $15.

Steel76 likes this.
  14. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I have the Warriors blu from Team Blu. I think they did a great job as per my semi review above.

Personally, I am fine with the Director's Cut despite growing up watching the Theatrical. So admittedly my Team Blu copy is a bit redundant in my collection, especially given the price. Once again though, it is such a stellar release with tons of extras so it is nice to have it just because.

My question is why would Paramount not release the Theatrical? Don't get me wrong. Even if they did, there is no way it would have all the extras of the Team Blu version.

15. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Unless it has a Transformer or the Rock, Paramount doesn't care. They have always had a strange track record with blu-ray's since losing the format war. Their blu-ray releases of the recent Star Trek films were downright goofy (different retailers had exclusive content). They couldn't care less about their catalog titles. It's amazing the Warriors director's cut ever received a blu-ray release at all. I'm not fond of it, so the Team Blu disc is a welcome addition to my collection.

x666x and Zombie Dude like this.
  16. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

17. Zombie Dude

Yes, though his release also includes the sequel.