The Weinstein Miramax Echo Bridge DVD Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nailwraps, Jan 4, 2011.

1. blackeye

blackeye New Member

That says the Anchor Bay UK DVD has a 4:3 OAR presentation, that would be nonanamorphic widescreen. The UK Anchor Bay disc has a 1.85:1 transfer of the film.

2. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

Lionsgate has the rights for the higher-end Miramax titles from the library. Remember, Miramax made a deal with both Lionsgate and Echo Bridge for DVD/Blu-ray distribution.

3. legz

legz Member

What is the actual run time for the Echo Bridge Hellraiser 3? The case says 93 minutes and rated R, but I heard from some internet sites that it was actually longer than that.

4. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

So I saw The Prophecy (1995) on EB DVD at Meijer's yesterday and just went to look for info. Can't find dick about it, so a few questions to anyone who might be able to help:

Is it 2.35 widescreen and anamorphic? This would make it worth upgrading from the old non-anamorphic disc as both have no features.

What is the sound? Old dvd had "ultra-stereo", i.e. 2.0

Is it a watchable transfer? While the old dvd is old, I don't recall it looking bad, just not anamorphic. Where's dvdbeaver when you need em?

I wish this got better treatment, but will accept a small upgrade for love of the film only.

Will it get a blu-ray release? Again, can't find any info searching the webs and nets. It looks like Prophecy 3 got an EB BD release (or is getting one), but nothing about 1 or 2.

Of course if first question answered is not 2.35 ratio, then nothing else matters as that will be a deal breaker. Companies must learn we won't settle for partial widescreen, and this is the only US company doing this wrong ratio shit so far!

5. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

Wasn't The Faculty supposed to be released on blu aswell?

6. bigdaddyhorse

Can't find any info on that either, although there is already a barebones Canadian BD from Alliance that looks very nice. Judging by what happened to From Dusk Till Dawn, this will probably be better than an EB offering anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/Faculty-Blu-r...69NC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1313079392&sr=8-2

$99 is quite insane though. I got one for around $12 from amazon this time last year. Keep checking there and/or ebay and you'll find one for reasonable soon enough I would think.

7. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

http://www.amazon.ca/Faculty-Blu-ray-Michelle-Holmes/dp/B002JT69NC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313081269&sr=8-1

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

If you live in the US, check FYE. They used to have the Canadian blu-ray of The Faculty for $9.99.

9. bigdaddyhorse

Opps, forgot to check it native amazon. Makes sense, shipping to US much cheaper than the US seller!

If you still have FYE. Didn't they all shut down last summer? I know the one here disappeared 2 days after I asked if they were staying. I was told they were going nowhere soon and there were no plans to close that location, 2 days later the sign was gone and the spot in the mall was completely empty, sticking me with a $7 gift card they won't honor online. I hope they're gone completely, fuck 'em!:fuck:

While they were open they did carry almost all of the Alliance BD's, which is all I can say nice about them now. It was kinda funny seeing Candian BD's along with US ones for Final Destination, Friday and a few other titles. The only thing I never saw there that I looked for (on BD) was the Halloween 6-8 set.

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

^ FYE is still around. I picked up Return Of The Living Dead 2 and Bug (1975) for dirt cheap on their clearance rack a week or two ago.

11. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

LOL...

Don´t trust dvdbeaver all the time.

I noticed some errors on their site about two reviews of Three Extremes, where their extras were wrong. I alerted them to their mistakes and nothing was done... they didn´t even reply to my mail.

Also, I don´t think they receive review discs for budget releases.

12. bigdaddyhorse

I was thinking more fro the comparison than review, but hey... If I was working for EB, the last thing in the fucking world I would want is screeners going out of our shit product. Let 'em think it might only be shitty and they'll still bite, but once it's been tasted all sales are done.

Beaver has a better track record than imdb or wiki.:)

13. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah they also said the Canadian Hobo with a Shotgun Blu has no extras when it has all the same ones as the US release.

14. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I was at K-mart earlier today and noticed that Echo Bridge had released a "Children of the Corn" DVD collection. It has parts 2 - 7 in one package for $7.50! Having never really seen most of the sequels, I picked it up. All the movies are on two discs. First disc is a dual sided, single layer disc. First side has 2 and 3 (same as the 2/3 disc released earlier) while the flip side has 4. Second disc is single sided, dual layer with 5, 6 & 7. All movies except 2 are anamorphic widescreen. 4 - 7 actually look pretty good! Quite surprised actually at that. 2 and 3 are the worse since they crammed two movies onto a single layer, but are watchable. Not a bad purchase for $7.50. Now I have all the movies except the newest film, "Genesis."

15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Is this it?

[​IMG]

If so it's way more expensive on Amazon. $17.99 there. If anyone can find it cheaper online I might pick it up.

Oh and Echo Bridge suck for cramming movies on discs. Plus I'd be more interested if these were the bluray's.

16. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

That's the one!

17. Zombie Dude

It says six movies on the box though...:confused: I noticed you said part 7 was included.

18. bigdaddyhorse

2-7, no part one I imagine.
    I've seen the 3 movie pack with 2,3 & 4 for the same price (at K-Mart) and for $5 (Wal-Mart), but not this one. This one I'd actually get, and makes me happy I didn't buy 2-4.

Now if Wal-Mart would get that Prophecy 1 & 2 I'd be set. I've seen an EB offering of Prophecy 1,2, Uprising and Forsaken (at K-Mart), but already have them all and only need to upgrade 1 and 2 for anamorphic purposes, the other 2 would be downgrades by losing extras and probably looking worse at the same time.

19. Zombie Dude

That makes perfect sense now. :eek:

20. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Echo Bridge does not have the rights for 1, that now belongs to Image (Echo Bridge's brother! lol). Not sure if Anchor Bay still holds the rights to the remake and of course Dimension has the rights to "Genesis" (part 9 I take it).