The Wraith Spanish Blu ray

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Eddyw78, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

I'm really interested to get this 1986 favourite on Blu ray and the only way up until now was an extremely expensive Japanese import. I have just noticed that there is a Spanish BD of this available but searching around the net and asking in other forums has turned up no real info on whether this is a port of the Japanese release or not. That one was 1080i but there is nothing to say what format the Spanish disc uses. Has anyone on here seen or heard anything about this release. Thanks
    Here is the link:
    https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01GZ7EXOA?tag=bluraycom06-21

2. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Probably a port of the Japanese disc, since it also got an Japanese 2.0 dub on the disc, according to the back cover.

3. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Yeah that's what I thought although I have had a reply on a Spanish forum with a user stating that this is 1080p as opposed to the 1080i on the Japanese disc. This Spanish release does miss out on all the extra features that were present on the Japanese.

4. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

Now Lionsgate are doig they Vestron Video line i'd wait.

Steel76 likes this.
  5. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Never thought of that. Is this a title they could possibly release? I've ordered a copy of the Spanish disc now.

6. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

If still part of the Vestron/Lightning Video library that Lionsgate own, then yes, it's a possibility.

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I'd be cautious... the back cover for the Spanish Blu-ray lists English & Japanese audio tracks: https://www.amazon.es/El-aparecido-Blu-ray-Charlie-Sheen/dp/B01GZ7EXOA/

A Japanese audio track on a Spanish Blu-ray would seem strange if it wasn't a port.

There is also an Italian Blu-ray, which shows "Lionsgate" on the back cover as the licensor. It only has a lossy English 2.0 stereo track however.

Eddyw78 likes this.
  8. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

Thanks for the tips. I had already thought about these points. The Japanese audio would indicate a port but the Spanish user on the forum I used stated it was 1080p. Or maybe something was lost in translation as i was using Google Translate to navigate around the forum.
    I had already avoided the Italian BD as it had been noted on Blu-ray.com that the audio was lossy Dolby 2.0 despite the picture being 1080p.
    My copy should be here soon so I'll post my comments when it turns up.

9. Eddyw78

Eddyw78 Member

I should have heeded the warnings as my Spanish BD has arrived and unfortunately it is 1080i the same as the Japanese release. I haven't had time to watch this through and most probably won't until the weekend but from what I have seen this isn't great and hardly a step up from DVD. The sound though is DTS HD Master 5.1 so I'll look forward to running it through my system at the weekend.