They Came From Above Triple Feature (Fox)

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbilly, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Back cover says "Widescreen" only on all three movies. Anybody happen to know if Lifeforce is 16x9 for this release?

2. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Starts great - goes alright - and ends on a low note. Reverse those and you have a chance. :D

3. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

What!?!? Lifeforce RULES man...seriously dude, Matilda May...:eek: Holy breastacles batman! :lol:

4. Ash J. Williams

Ash J. Williams New Member

First off, it's Mathilda. Secondly, Lifeforce sucks shit. It sucks exactly how much a movie about a perpetually nude space vampiress with a rousing apocalyptic zombie climax can possibly suck. It's very very poor work.

5. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Bah, Lifeforce is a decent enough film. Tries to take itself too seriously (in deviating from the book they at least managed to tone down Wilson's overblown concept), but is still an enjoyable ride.

Cool effects, mind etching visuals, baffling plotline, and British sci-fi influences. Steve Railsback from the days when some casting idiots actually thought he has charisma and acting talent. Patrick Stewart from the days when some casting idiots didn't fully realize his ample charisma and acting talent. And some truly world class tits. Just put your brain on pause when things get too confusing, dumb, or over the top (all of which happens often) and just relish London getting decimated on screen yet again.

And you have to admit, all those sucked dry corpses eager to condemn others to their fate just to briefly postpone the hell of their soul being turned into spaceship fuel was a neat concept.

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I would bet that since the previous Lifeforce dvd wasn't anamorphic, then this won't be either as it's probably just the old discs repackaged. I bet it even has the same art on the dvd.

7. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

Sorry bout the spelling typo...I like Lifeforce for what it is. Like the poster above me stated, just turn your brain off and enjoy the ride. I think it's a fun popcorn film with cool effects and a gorgeous nude woman which is a plus, but for some reason I get the impression you don't like it much....:lol:

8. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

My friend bought this not too long ago. Lifeforce has the same artwork as the older release. Body Snatchers is disc 1 from the SE. Great triple feature, but I would rather own 'em separately. Body Snatchers has some decent extras on the second disc.