"They're Here!" (8/26 DVDs)

Discussion in 'General' started by Mark Relford, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

My Best Buy jumped the street date on the MGM discs. I got The Howling SE, Ghoulies double feature, and Raw Meat. No sign of Squirm or the Troll double feature.:( Happy hunting, guys!

2. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Ah. I thought you were going to mention the "Poltergeist II & III" dvd set coming the 26th since the title was "They're here!". Thanks tho!

3. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

I'm really looking forward to picking up these MGM DVDS this Tuesday, so far my Best Buy doesn't have them out early, I'll check it out tomorrow, but it looks like Tuesday will be the BIG Horror DVD day!!

4. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Yea, I was surprised to see 'em there. They didn't jump the street date last year. They also had The Ghoul, Burnt Offerings, and the Poltergeist double feature. Anyone have The Brood yet? I didn't see that one either.:( I'm hoping there's gonna be some more on Tues. The Howling's slipcover is pretty nice. There's a smiley face sticker on the packaging. :lol:

5. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I didn't expect them here till Monday, but my 8/26 preorders from DVDEmpire which shipped priority Thursday arrived today. I got The Howling, Squirm, God Told Me To, and Ghoulies/Ghoulies 2. I did have I, Madman included, but cancelled it since its pan and scam.

Haven't been to Best Buy since Tuesday, and they had none then.

6. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I got Squirm and saw Poltergeist 2&3 at Planet Music in Va. Beach. No sign of any others at Best Buy.

7. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Cool news! ;) Nonetheless, I have to wait til I get some more green later this week so that I can pick up a couple of MGM's new releases. ;)

8. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Are you sure about that? I thought it was 16:9 after all?

9. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Yeah, I heard that it was 16:9 after all, but then just the other day, a guy over at HTF who got the DVD early said that the DVD was in fact pan and scam only. I guess there's always hope that he's just inept, eh? ;)