Thunderbean Bonus Specials FINAL OFFER(?)

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by X-human, Apr 5, 2017.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Thought I'd post this here to put it on some more radar screens. Thunderbean Animation, long time in the biz, has very recently been drumming up funds by selling pre-orders with bonus DVD-R's and stand alone limited BD-R's of content that won't make it to the retail discs. They're looking to end that practice and are doing one last push of some of their past bonus disc:
    http://www.thunderbeananimation.com/

Of note of course is the Halloween Rarities set but also their upcoming live action release of Tower of Screaming Virgins which is an obscure Euro horror/thriller/crime film.

Additionally they've confirmed that they're working on an HD remastering of Grotesqueries which was a previous DVD collection of spook shorts.

zbinks likes this.
  2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=13367143&postcount=1

3. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

By "replicate" do they mean "press"? I've complained about DVD-R and BD-R plenty here but if supporting the BD-R release means that an actual BD release might happen then it's something I'd consider.

4. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Replication is the actual term/process for creating pressed discs. Duplication is the process for creating DVD-R or BD-R.

Myron Breck, zbinks and f.ramses like this.
  5. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Thanks for the clarification!

6. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Too bad about Tower of Screaming Virgins, I was going to order but then noticed on the info page that the pre-order was only open until 3/31.

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

The offer I posted is their live offer as of right now, including Tower of Screaming Virgins.

f.ramses likes this.
  8. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Cool, I just sent them an order with Paypal and will see how they reply. Hope they're able to get 100+ pre-orders for Tower of Screaming Virgins but if they're offering the pre-order past the 31st I'm guessing they didn't get many... Guess we'll see. Thanks for the heads up on this stuff, I also added on the Halloween Rarities disc.

9. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Additional list of specialty discs. I suspect some of this titles are a little vague, for example "Coal Black" may be the infamous "Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs" and the feature length films are not named at all.
    http://www.intanibase.com/forum/posts/t3851-Offering--all--the-special-discs--one-last-time

I actually went to college for animation, so my interest is greater than some and so I took a shot in the dark with the feature length films and picked up a few others that seemed interesting (Disc 1, Disc 11, Disc 14, Disc 17). If these guys saw them worthy of scanning, I'll probably enjoy them at some level too. Would love to get 'em all but I'll have to slow my roll.

10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I watched Tower of Screaming Virgins and enjoyed it immensely. It is a swash buckler first and foremost with some minor gothic horror touches but a lot of T&A. It's like Errol Flynn's wet dreams captured on film. The sets were pretty damn good too. The print they used for the transfer was in pretty good condition. I'm guessing it was a theatrical print but in great shape. I don't think much cleanup was done. But it was scanned very well and correctly balanced. So it's not blown out like the Dorado releases from theatrical prints.

I hope Snappy continues to operate under this model. The only thing I would ask is that a short be put in front. I know these guys have tons of materials, so a complementary short would be really cool and show off what they can muster in their short collections.

11. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

These discs have started trickling in, I've got the Betty Boop/Popeye set and Grand Old Toons. Fun stuff for an animation fan such as myself.

And now Snappy is offering another live action public domain film:
    Which I'll be snatching up too.

Steve has also mentioned Count Dracula and His Vampire Bride, which is almost certainly The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973) considered to be in legal limbo here in the states. Any fans may consider politely emailing Steve to say they'd be interested in that one: steves@thunderbeananimation.com

12. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

They're now taking pre-orders for Dracula and His Vampire Bride and once again they are saying that if they can sell enough pre-orders they will do a pressed disc. They obviously didn't get enough for The Tower of Screaming Virgins but maybe they'll get more orders for this one since it's a Hammer title. Details here: https://swatthefly.wixsite.com/website
    I really don't like BD-R but the possibility of a pressed disc if there are enough pre-orders means I'll probably be ordering this just like I did with The Tower of Screaming Virgins.

13. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

RE: Count Dracula and His Vampire Bride aka The Satanic Rites of Count Dracula

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=13955497&postcount=117

14. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

[​IMG]
    From the Cartoons On Film Facebook page:

Damn, and I still haven't even watched my Thunderbean Halloween disc! Will have to do that this weekend.

zbinks and f.ramses like this.
  15. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

A few weeks ago I watched the first two cartoons on the disc and liked them a lot but decided that the rest would be best saved for Halloween. They looked great and I enjoyed them a lot more than I expected to since I'm not big on animation and only really bought it out of curiosity. I'm sure I'll watch one of these before Halloween now though. Thanks for the heads up on this and the previous!

16. X-human

X-human I ate my keys