Titles you want to see from Scream Factory this year.

Discussion in 'General' started by Spacetraveler, Jan 1, 2014.

1. cjg

cjg Active Member

I know it is not going to happen but how about the two Count Yorga movies

2. thing

thing Well-Known Member

Psycho iv
    Stepfather 2 & 3
    Exorcist 3 legion

3. Getmoredvdsout

Getmoredvdsout New Member

4. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

They´re doing Lord of Illusions next! :D

5. Do you see

Do you see Member

There are a lot of good movies already listed above so I think we’ll need some Popcorn (1991)...see what I did there? :lol:

6. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Well, THE KEEP is on Netflix Instant now so it may be sooner than we think. Of course, I'd love to get a director's cut and extras but I hear that Mann has disowned it (like Fincher on ALIEN3) so that's a stretch. The fact that Criterion just released Mann's THIEF gives me faint hope.. Like you said, "a guy can dream."

7. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Paramount pushed for a DVD to be released a while ago,…but due to everlasting rights issues with the soundtrack and Mann “blocking” the release the whole project was ultimately canned. I think Mann’s situation with The Keep might be a little different than what Fincher dealt with when he was attached to Alien 3. Alien 3 was never really Fincher’s film…he was basically thrown into a disaster and told to make a movie out of it,…And when he tried, the studio execs fucked with him anyways. Mann’s version of The Keep was intended to be a 3+ hour long movie that ended up being cut down to 90min…It was always in Mann’s contract that Paramount would have final say in the film, but to that extent, I do not think he was prepared for. The reasonings behind Mann’s disownment of The Keep are still rather vague, but I have a feeling some bad shit went down at the end there… Paramount even ended up limiting The Keep’s theatrical run.

There appears to be an independently funded “Making of…” documentary on the horizon that will hopefully give fans a little insight into why Paramount decided to vastly alter The Keep, and why supposedly Mann still vehemently distances himself from the film (even though he continues to be employed by Paramount). I know some of the missing footage has to do with Veever’s untimely death, but part of me thinks it also might involve how far The Keep strays away from the source material maybe? (Wilson detests the film and at the time I think Paramount did too,... but I find a lot of the charm to be in the sort of “sci-fi” vibe the movie portrays. I think it works to the film’s advantage and is a big part of why so many people enjoy it. (Not to mention the effects, the score, and the cast of course)). There is just way to big of a chunk of film missing.

It actually upsets me that Mann would try to “block” this one from us. The Keep IS a cult classic. Bootleg copies of the film and soundtracks are still highly sought after. The target audience exists and they would snap a legitimate DVD/BD up instantly, Extended Director’s Cut or not.

Do you know what the quality of the film is like on Netflix? I do not have an account. I know Amazon has it streaming as well, but with an altered score which pretty much deems it unwatchable. The Keep is by far some of TD’s best work and one of my favorite film scores, so I have no intention of streaming it from there…even if the stream is in the film's OAR.

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I just turned it on for a few minutes to look. Fullscreen, standard definition. Looks fairly clean, but there's a black line running down the right side of the frame. Not sure about the score, I'm not familiar enough with the movie to comment.

9. Blackheart

Blackheart Member

Rocktober Blood would be cool, as would The Slayer, Shocker & Superstition.

10. cjg

cjg Active Member

John Carpenters Vampires

11. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    A nice re-issue of SCARED TO DEATH (1980) - I'll take a DVD, too, with all the previous Retromedia extras. I don't care.

12. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

The Appointment (1981). British Horror, kind of like the brainchild of David Lynch and Peter Weir. Good stuff.

13. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I'd like a decent edition of Raw Meat (aka Death Line). I know it wouldn't qualify as one of their special editions, but a blu ray release with a commentary or something would be pretty awesome.

14. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I just finished watching The Keep on Netflix. I'd seen it before, but so long ago that I can't remember when or where. And all I could remember was that there was some kind of odd-looking creature at the end.

It's certainly a fascinating, yet completely incomprehensible movie. It's obvious that virtually all exposition has been trimmed, and all we're left with are the most essential action beats of the film. I would be curious to see what kind of a film Mann's full cut would be. If the Cabal cut of Nightbreed can be finally resurrected, maybe there's some hope for The Keep. But as it stands, I can see why there's not a lot of confidence in releasing this - if you were to approach this with anything less than a supremely open mind, you would be bound to be disappointed.

I'm really curious what the deeper story is, though. I've had the book for several years (and it's sequels, Reborn and Reprisal). I think I'll try to read it sometime soon.

15. thing

thing Well-Known Member

April Fools Day (original)

16. gumby

gumby New Member

I would like to see -
    Dudes
    May
    Virus
    Vampires
    Village of the Dammed (remake)
    The Sentinal
    Shock Treatment
    Slither
    Species 2
    The Stuff
    Suspiria
    Of Unknown Origin
    The Hitcher
    The House On Haunted Hill (Remake)
    The Mangler
    Lord Of Illusions
    Lake Placid
    Needful Things
    Gthic
    Lair of the White Worm
    Fear.com
    Blair Witch 2
    Cube trilogy
    Dead and Breakfast

17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I think Warner got it from Paramount, so it's not going to happen. :(

But this would be my top choice as well. More than anything, I just want to see the extended ending that was filmed. To me, that would be the holy grail of slasher cinema, even more than an uncut Friday The 13th Part 2.

18. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

gone wit the wind deluxe...........

19. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I would love to see:

Alice, Sweet Alice
    Anthropophagus
    C.H.U.D.
    Hell Night
    Madman

But I have no idea where these are rights wise. I know that Don't Go in the House and The Dark (1979) are with Scorpion, while Barn of the Naked Dead and Silent Night, Bloody Night would be most likely from Code Red atm. But that would pretty much be my wishlist. :)

20. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

Madman with original blue tint... only.....