Tobe Hooper has died

Discussion in 'General' started by satans-sadists, Aug 27, 2017.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Our local Alamo Drafthouse will be screening the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre this Saturday. I bought tickets right away of course. Looks like one or more Drafthouses are showing The Funhouse as well, but unfortunately not here.

I did get to see Texas Chain Saw Massacre once before on the big screen 8 years ago. Marilyn Burns was there to introduce the film, do a Q & A, and sign autographs. That was a beat up print, but a great experience nevertheless.

Natas likes this.
  2. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

Example # 956 of why the Alamo Draft House is the greatest place known to man lol

I was about to check my local Alamo calendar to see if they're following suit.....then I remembered Houston kinda has a problem at the moment. I'd be surprised if they open up within 2 weeks of now.

3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Are you far enough from Houston to be out of the flood zone? The photos & videos are very upsetting.

4. Natas

Well I'm about an hour + northwest of Houston. My area got 2 feet of rain but nothing compared to Houston and the areas closer to the Gulf like Galveston. I got in laws in Katy (right outside of Houston) and downtown Houston as well. They've been stuck in the house for days but luckily are safe.

I might need a new roof tho. It was literally sprinkling in my living room for days lol I got 10 towels spread out all over my living room, coolers and pots collecting water lol it's ridiculous.

5. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Hope it all ends up ok for you. We're basically in a drought here in Southern California when lots of the country is getting flooded.

Natas likes this.
  6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Glad to hear you & your family are safe. That sucks about your house. I read a Facebook post today from one of our local news stations that Hurricane Harvey brought Houston more rain than Phoenix has had in the last 5 years. That's not a drought here, it's just the Sonoran Desert.

Hang in there, dude!

Natas likes this.
  7. Natas

Appreciate it fellas.

Yeah the rain totals here are mind blowing. Normally storms come and go pretty quickly here in Texas ( you can see them coming from miles away and are normally beautiful to look at)....but this Harvey feller came and took a big dump on us, and felt really comfortable so he stuck around. Ugly bastard.

8. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Damn Natas, hope you and your family in Houston are safe. Glad to know you guys are pulling through. :)

~Matt

Natas likes this.