Todd and the Book of Pure Evil

Discussion in 'General' started by Marclar, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Marclar

Marclar Member

It is a fairly new show with 2 full seasons out. I personally found it on Netflix and I think it is absolutely brilliant. I haven't had this much fun in a while.

It takes place in some high school and the story revolves around a group of kids that get themselves into various evil situations. It is highly comic rather than serious and brings the aspects of teenage life out in just the right way. It was like reliving those awesome moments again. The storyline is supurb, the acting is good. I give this one 5 stars. Anybody had a chance to check it out?

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I saw the first season on Netflix. Been meaning to watch season 2, but there's just too much stuff to keep up with.

I really enjoyed it as well. I thought the first couple of episodes were a little clunky and obnoxious, but right around episode 4 or 5 (I think the first good episode was the "Gay Day" one) they started getting better and better.

3. sade

sade Active Member

I watched the whole thing on netflix, I found it as a bad version of the series "the reaper", which I enjoyed quite a lot.

4. Marclar

Marclar Member

I heard about 'The Reaper' but never checked it out. Something made me hesitate. I will check it out now. And it is true that 'The book of pure evil' develops a little slow in the first few episodes, but gets your attention anyway. I just like the overall style.

5. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Season 1 is on Amazon for $7:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...eASIN=B006H3KQWG&linkCode=as2&tag=cinema09-20

I picked it up last month after a friend's recommendation -- my girlfriend and I have really been enjoying it so far. The real rub is that Season 2 is only available in Canada, and is currently sitting around $40! I know I'm going to have to break down and buy it when we run out of episodes to watch...

6. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Just watched the first episode on Netflix.
    It reminds me a lot of the awesome 1986 classic "Trick or Treat, and as a Heavy Metal fan, I really enjoyed the episode :)
    Hope the rest of the series holds up.

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I bought the 1st season about a year ago and enjoyed it. I haven't gotten around to watching the 2nd season yet...kept hoping there'd be a cheap US DVD release.

8. CPT HOOK

Thanks for the heads up, bruce. Even though I can just watch it on Netflix, for $7 I think I might add it to the DVD collection.

9. sade

sade Active Member

I found the use of Trash/Speed/Death metal (Children Of Bodom,..) on the show really lame. For some reason this type of music doesn't fit well as a soundtrack.

And I'm a HUGE metal fan (Death/Black/Trash/...). I did enjoy the SFX/Gore considering the budget.

Bruce H. If I were you I would spend the $8 on netflix and watch the 2nd season b4 spending more.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  10. bruce h

I have Netflix, but don't bother with the streaming. I'm not one to watch stuff on my computer, and I don't have my blu player hooked up to the internet.

I have no problem blind buying season 2, I just don't want to pay $40 for it! I'll try to wait out a price drop.

11. Marclar

Marclar Member

Netflix Streaming is awesome. As a matter of fact I only have a streaming plan. You don't have to hook up your blueray to the Internet, just about any Internet connected device including gaming consoles will get Netflix to your TV. It is just so much more convenient. You are missing out big time. It is becoming THE standard.

12. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

thanks for the heads-up, added this to my queue. Great that it's available to try via streaming.

13. bruce h

14. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Hmm I thought I started a thread on this over a year ago but I can't seem to find it now. Anyway I agree, great show.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  15. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Watched the first four episodes of S1 today--so good. This show is very funny and comes from a place of solid horror-comedy and episodic storytelling. Hoping the more "metal" aspects appear again, and the high school burnouts continue to hang around.

Thanks for the heads-up, Marclar!

16. CPT HOOK

I'm just now finally getting around to season two on Netflix. The show actually gets even better as it goes along. I wasn't impressed with the first few episodes, but the quality (especially the writing) improves drastically. By the end of season one, I was completely won over. And so far, season two is even better.

I'm trying to draw it out, watching only one episode every couple days. I still need to pick up the first season DVD.

17. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I just got netflix streaming recently and decided to check out this show. I absolutely love it! It contains the right amount of humor and horror. The kids and wife enjoy it a great deal as well.

18. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Re watching this show now after I picked up season 1 for $6. This Show it so good. I think it's actually better than Ash Vs Evil Dead.

19. CPT HOOK

The animated sequel is now available on blu-ray via Amazon.ca

Katatonia likes this.
  20. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It doesn't look like the seller ships to the US on there though.

You can order it direct via this website apparently, although it is like $46 shipped (converted) to the US. Pricey. :eek: