Tokyo Psycho DVD Panik House

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by ReelFear, Mar 10, 2006.

1. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

just picked up the new Panik House release called TOKYO PSYCHO. the DVD comes packaged with a jigsaw puzzle! this is a DVD first. I snatched it up at Best Buy for $16.99. And now the bad news....

This Japanese 2004 shot on video feature just doesn't deliver the goods. Almost no gore, sex, or plot. I kept waiting for something to happen. Sure there's lots of psycho babble and grimacing "look at how crazy I am" dialogue, but when it all ended after only 79 minutes, I was left very unsatisfied. you will be tempted to buy this based on the DVD packaging, but heed this warning. rent it if you must. That said, I will continue to support Panik House and all their future releases, as they are one of the best companies delivering Asian films on DVD today. 2.5/10

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

3. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Ouch. That sucks. I just got my copy in the mail today. I thought the puzzle was a decent idea, but it comes attached to the front of the case. I slipped mine under the plastic on the cover so it could be displayed. I'll get around to watching it sometime, but not too soon after that review. On a side note, what's with all the bilingual crap on this release? Do we really need Spanish inserts, menus and commentaries? It's cool they're trying to provide for all, but I think its just a waste of space. Throw on some Spanish subs and be done with it.

4. Numania

Numania Guest

Yeah, this movie wasn't so good. It was very by the book, but it was worse since it was DV. Then they compared it to Kubrick and Lynch on the cover. hahaha What an insult.

5. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Tokyo Psycho is a complete disaster of a movie that doesn't manage to pull off scary or tense for one second. Not one. However, the sheer amount of overacting and general loopiness involved made it a pretty fun watch for me regardless. The "psycho" was comic gold and had me just laughing myself sick. Fun times - for reasons I don't think were at all intended, but what the hell? I take my laughs where I can get them, and Tokyo Psycho delivered.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2006
  6. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

This was a total pile of crapola. The only thing I can think is that this was made for TV and Panik House is releasing anything they can get their hands on.